Notifications
Clear all

Not new to acne but new to veganism

MemberMember
(@nmsunflower)

Posted : 11/02/2015 5:34 pm

Hello!

I have been dealing with acne since I hit puberty at age 14. It was very mild in high school, but when my senior year hit my cystic acne started to show up; it has stayed for good. I only get one or two at a time along with a few blackheads/whiteheads here and there, but my skin has been awful at repairing itself and the cystic acne has left scars all over my face. The scars on my forehead have healed but still have a lot around my mouth. I have found out that my triggers are fluoride toothpaste, dairy, peanut butter, and bananas (so far). Here is my current regimen:

1. Vegan diet (not necessarily raw but I try to fit in as much fresh fruits and veggies that I can daily)
2. Cera-ve and or Cetaphil face wash (I wash twice daily) I also use Alba Botanica texturing/calming face mask a few times a week.
2. ACV toner (1 part vinegar and two parts distilled water). I use up to three times daily with cotton toner pads.
3. Aloe vera (straight from the plant) I rub it in with clean fingers twice daily.
4. Vitamin regimen: Vit A/Vit D/Vit C/Zinc/Iron/Magnesium/Probiotic 3x weekly. All of my doses follow the USDA's listed RDAs.
5. When I want to wear makeup for work I wear Clinique Acne Solutions
6. Trying to wash both towels and sheets in allergen-free detergents and fabric sheets.

DSC_1794 (2).jpg