Notifications
Clear all

My Acne vanished, but why? Try this.

MemberMember
(@finallylucky)

Posted : 11/02/2015 5:02 pm

Hey everyone. After 5 years of suffering from acne (18-23) , i can finally say that i'm satisfied with my skin. Ironicly, 2-3 months ago, i was on the very edge to book an appointment to a derm and get accutane prescribed. I know i would have gotten it, because i've been through 3 courses of tetracycline already. I'm making this post purely to share my experience, and hopefully help others that struggle. Therefore, i will not talk about how bad it was for me etc, but rather what i experienced helped my acne and what made it worse.

To be honest - i dont know why my acne just stopped appearing. I find it hard to believe that i just suddenly "grew out of it" when i was so close to tryaccutane and im 23 years old.Through these years, i've been desperate to find a way to cure my acne, more time was used to read about acne, than studying for the uni i'm currently in. I learnt that several things could trigger my acne, Alchohol, sugar, dairy etc. Reducing /cutting out the intake of this, wouldn't cure my acne, only reduce it.
I barely eat/drink any dairy, and i haven't for a couple years. It helped me, but nowhere close to cure it. Other than that, my diet isn't much different from what it was before. I do eat sweets/drink coke now and then, but for some reason, i don't break out. I don't even think i would break out if i went back to dairy, but i don't wanna take that chance anyway. So what could it possibly be that changed my skin behaviour...?

Few years ago, my acne would always vanish during the summer. Summer was more effective than antibiotics and anything ive been on. A lot of people claim that sun is bad for your acne and that the only reason it would help, would be because it camouflages it (makes your skin more tan). The first few summers where i had this type of acne, the acne would always go away. It wasn't "camouflaged". There were no bumps when i touched my skin, and cameras with blitz showed nothing but a clear face. However, the last 2 years, the sun didn't impact my skin in the same way. That may have been because the acne was deeper, and that it needed more time. I was never able to figure that out, since here in scandinavia we only get 2-3 weeks of proper sun a year.

3 months ago, i was in a grocery store next to a shelf with supplements. I saw D vitamin, and i thought i'd give it a try. I went home and immediately checked if this d vitamin was the D3 type, the type you get from the sun. It was the d3 type and i decidedto give this a final shot before i would go on accutane.
Since then , i've been taking it every single day. At first, my acne wasn't improving exactly fast.. but i noticed that i would only get pimples every other day instead of everyday like it used to be. As i continued with the supplement, the pimples would appear more and more rarely. Today, it's been a month since i got a new pimple and my face hasn't been this clear for years.

If there's one big tip i would give, it's to give D-vitamn 3 a shot. It's not about the dosage, because i don't take a high dosage, but it's the use over a longer time. If you want to try this, try it for a period of at least 2 months.

Another thing that i do is i wash my face often. My face get's oily very quickly, and i have to wash it 4 times a day. I don't use any soap, but i pour enouh water on my face for my face to feel somewhat dry afterwards.

I don't touch my face, ever.

Other than that, i am somewhat hygenic, i change bed sheets once every 1-2 weeks and shower quite often.

I don't believe i "grew out of it", that my hormones suddenly changed. I believe there must be another reason, and i would bet on the d vitamin.

Hopefully you guys give it a shot yourself. If you have any questions about any details regarding food i eat or other life style type of questions, i'm happy to answer. Maybe i'll post a before and after picture later.

MemberMember
(@finallylucky)

Posted : 11/03/2015 9:13 am

How much vitamin d are you getting? Im taking one tablet with 1000iu or something each day. 

Can you let me know how much your tablet contains? :) Thanks!

hey! yeah i'm taking about 800 myself. I never checked my d vitamin level in my blood, so i don't really want to increase it, nor do i have a reason to at the moment ;) How long have you been taking it?

Chloe123 liked
MemberMember
(@finallylucky)

Posted : 11/03/2015 7:25 pm

How much vitamin d are you getting? Im taking one tablet with 1000iu or something each day. 

Can you let me know how much your tablet contains? :) Thanks!

hey! yeah i'm taking about 800 myself. I never checked my d vitamin level in my blood, so i don't really want to increase it, nor do i have a reason to at the moment ;) How long have you been taking it?

Its only been a week haha :)

oh ok, hope it works for you then

MemberMember
(@dnewhulk)

Posted : 12/04/2015 4:54 am

This is very interesting. I think I will give this a try as well.

MemberMember
(@ilulr)

Posted : 12/05/2015 7:25 pm

DO NOT FALL FOR THIS TROLL

These vitamin D3 posts are just shills to make you buy more of their products...

These supplements are very expensive and they dont help.

MemberMember
(@clayman9)

Posted : 12/06/2015 12:00 am

4 hours ago, ilulr said:

DO NOT FALL FOR THIS TROLL

These vitamin D3 posts are just shills to make you buy more of their products...

These supplements are very expensive and they dont help.

Vitamin D isn't really very expensive. He's also not promoting any brand specifically. Many different companies produce this supplement. So please explain your logic pal.