Help .. Is this nor...

Notifications
Clear all

Help .. Is this normal ?

MemberMember
(@natalielucy)

Posted : 11/02/2015 4:34 pm

Hi I'm just wondering if what I'm experiencing on the regimen so far is normal... IVe been on the regimen 3 weeks now and I wouldn't say I really experienced a purging stage untill now.

i have mild /moderate acne on my cheeks and chin which is hormonal as I have polycystic ovaries. When I started the regimen I didn't notice much difference then towards the end of my 3rd week my skin was feeling much better and flat mainly but with loads of hyperpigmentation which I can deal with rather than bumpy skin.

However I now have spots surfacing mainly on my chin area and a few minor ones on my cheeks. Is this a purge happening at the start of my 4th week ? I was expecting this in my second week and things to be well on the way to clearing up by now ??? It was haloween weekend just gone so I did wear quite heavy make up including fake blood on my chin and drank a lot of alcohol so im not sure if this is what has triggered it ?! I also left it over 12 hours in between my regimen on that night due to being at a party.

Also so I have been slowly increasing the dose of the BP as I was really scared to experience the major flaky skin but tbh I have not experienced it half as bad as what I thought I would it is dry but it's not flaking off really. I rarely wear fondation unless it's a night out and try and stick to just wearing concealer at the moment. I am now using half a index fingers length of BP and just starting my 4th week should I be using more or less and could this be the reason for the sudden break out ?

Anyone with experience of the regimen please help !!

MemberMember
(@491164_1443953557)

Posted : 11/06/2015 1:02 am

Hey! I broke out HORRIBLY on week 3, it was the worst. I was so happy on week 4, no new breakouts. I am just finishing with week 5 and broke out again. The difference is that I only got one new cystic breakout, not the many I got on week 5. It is huge but hey, it is only one. I also added the aha and my skin is no longer flaky nor dry. I hope this means that my skin is improving, i just want to stop breaking out already!! Hang in there!

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 11/06/2015 12:50 pm

Hey! I broke out HORRIBLY on week 3, it was the worst. I was so happy on week 4, no new breakouts. I am just finishing with week 5 and broke out again. The difference is that I only got one new cystic breakout, not the many I got on week 5. It is huge but hey, it is only one. I also added the aha and my skin is no longer flaky nor dry. I hope this means that my skin is improving, i just want to stop breaking out already!! Hang in there!

That's so weird, I had 1 huge breakout in week 5 also lol

MemberMember
(@491164_1443953557)

Posted : 11/06/2015 4:14 pm

Ha, weird indeed. Is it getting any better for you? I just started on my 6th week and still no drastic improvement, makes me want to give up.

MemberMember
(@witknee2)

Posted : 11/06/2015 5:25 pm

Don't tell me it gets worst before it gets better :(. I just bought it and will be using it next week. Do you guys wear makeup daily?

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 11/06/2015 8:13 pm

Don't tell me it gets worst before it gets better :(. I just bought it and will be using it next week. Do you guys wear makeup daily?

It actually gets worse before it gets better. lol And no I can't wear makeup(although I want to :/ ) because my face is flaky and the make up will peel with my skin . Plus it looks disgusting, so just leave it. I'm so lucky I'm in an environment whereno one cares. I'm on my 6th week btw.

MemberMember
(@491164_1443953557)

Posted : 11/06/2015 10:28 pm

It def gets worse, I am also on my 6th week and still experiencing new breakouts. They say don't give up or wait until the second month, I hope I see some improvement soon because I am close to giving up :(

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 11/06/2015 10:52 pm

Ha, weird indeed. Is it getting any better for you? I just started on my 6th week and still no drastic improvement, makes me want to give up.

Still have like 3 minor breakouts on my cheek and FOREHEAD and my face got so dark, like darker than my neck, but I heard that happens because of the peeling. So so close to giving up but I won't lol! I'll go on for 2 months.

It's like 2 steps forward, 1 step backwards :P

MemberMember
(@491164_1443953557)

Posted : 11/07/2015 12:20 am

Still have like 3 minor breakouts on my cheek and FOREHEAD and my face got so dark, like darker than my neck, but I heard that happens because of the peeling. So so close to giving up but I won't lol! I'll go on for 2 months.

I only got a new small one, but my huge cyst from last week is still there, I CANNOT hide that thing, not even with makeup lol. And yes, that is so true, so frustrating but I will also try to stick it out for two months, I mean we made it this far, right?

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 11/07/2015 1:23 am

I only got a new small one, but my huge cyst from last week is still there, I CANNOT hide that thing, not even with makeup lol. And yes, that is so true, so frustrating but I will also try to stick it out for two months, I mean we made it this far, right?

I've got a huge pimple on my cheek that looks and feels like it's gonna stay for a while. I have no idea why it's still there. Have you started using AHA?

MemberMember
(@491164_1443953557)

Posted : 11/07/2015 3:22 pm

I've got a huge pimple on my cheek that looks and feels like it's gonna stay for a while. I have no idea why it's still there. Have you started using AHA?

Yes! I have, I started using it on week 5, I mix it with the moisturizer. I still have that huge pimple that I got last week, it isn't going anywhere, I feel like it is here to stay. I like the aha so far, my skin is no longer super flaky, but it is peeling a bit since the aha is super powerful at exfoliating. I am trying to hang in here because if this does not work I am considering going on accutane. I don't have severe acne, it was always mild ( 1 or 2 breakouts a month but always cystic). Now with the regimen I breakout every week, so if after 2-3 months this does not help then I am going on accutane. My derm said he will probably put me on a really low dose (20mmg) since my acne is mild, the problem is that it is too persistent and well I have tried absolutely everything now with no real results.

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 11/07/2015 10:40 pm

Yes! I have, I started using it on week 5, I mix it with the moisturizer. I still have that huge pimple that I got last week, it isn't going anywhere, I feel like it is here to stay. I like the aha so far, my skin is no longer super flaky, but it is peeling a bit since the aha is super powerful at exfoliating. I am trying to hang in here because if this does not work I am considering going on accutane. I don't have severe acne, it was always mild ( 1 or 2 breakouts a month but always cystic). Now with the regimen I breakout every week, so if after 2-3 months this does not help then I am going on accutane. My derm said he will probably put me on a really low dose (20mmg) since my acne is mild, the problem is that it is too persistent and well I have tried absolutely everything now with no real results.

I'm going to start the AHA tomorrow and see if my flakiness reduces. I don't think I need the accutane as my acne is just mild.

MemberMember
(@natalielucy)

Posted : 11/08/2015 7:41 am

i would say yes it does seem to get worse before it gets better. I have just finished my fourth week and I am still breaking out this week more so than the others. I don't wear make up daily as my whole face isn't covered in spots during work days I tend to just wear concealer where I need it rather than a heavy fondation. But I have worn full make up a few times and after a few hours you can kinda see it cracking but you would probably only be able to notice if you were up close there is some minor flakiness but i would say it looks more cracked. I also feel like I can feel it cracking on my face and it feels
horrible but sometimes you just can't avoid wearing it.

MemberMember
(@natalielucy)

Posted : 11/08/2015 8:34 am

Can you add the aha in even if you still have active break outs? I thought you had to be completely clear till you added it? I've just ordered it and want to start using when it arrives but I have break outs ?

MemberMember
(@491164_1443953557)

Posted : 11/08/2015 1:00 pm

Can you add the aha in even if you still have active break outs? I thought you had to be completely clear till you added it? I've just ordered it and want to start using when it arrives but I have break outs ? 

I added it because I had no active breakouts, but I broke out again and still kept using it. I'm on week 6 and got 3 more new spots, not too big, 2 are very tiny and only one is visible, but it is still soo frustrating. I want to stop breaking out already. Wish I was one of the people that stopped breaking out after 2 weeks or so.

I'm going to start the AHA tomorrow and see if my flakiness reduces. I don't think I need the accutane as my acne is just mild.

Yes, the aha took all of my flakiness away, I love it, my skin hasn't been dry nor flaky since I started using it. But I am still breaking out. It says that some people purge when the aha is added, so I am hoping by week 7 or 8 I will stop breaking out. We'll see.

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 11/08/2015 1:10 pm

I added it because I had no active breakouts, but I broke out again and still kept using it. I'm on week 6 and got 3 more new spots, not too big, 2 are very tiny and only one is visible, but it is still soo frustrating. I want to stop breaking out already. Wish I was one of the people that stopped breaking out after 2 weeks or so.

Yes, the aha took all of my flakiness away, I love it, my skin hasn't been dry nor flaky since I started using it. But I am still breaking out. It says that some people purge when the aha is added, so I am hoping by week 7 or 8 I will stop breaking out. We'll see.

Did it make your face red at first? Some people said it did and that's whats holding me back.

MemberMember
(@natalielucy)

Posted : 11/08/2015 1:12 pm

Do you think adding the aha in caused you to break out ? I wish I was like one of them people aswell I take pictures of my skin weekly and it does look so much worse than when I began . I've been reading quite far back on the forum and saw pictures of a girl in a similar situation where she kept breaking out after being on the regimen for a while and she noticed the Break outs where happening once she increased her dosage of BP and that's exactly what happened with me it was at the end of the 3rd week I started increasing my BP to half a fingers length and now at the end of my fourth week my skin is crazy! She went back to using the pea sized Amount twice daily and her skin cleared up amazingly I can't remember her user name but she has pics at every stage at the amount she cleared up was so good!

From tonight I am going to go back to a pea sized amount and see what happens as when I was using less BP I was seeing much better results

MemberMember
(@491164_1443953557)

Posted : 11/08/2015 1:46 pm

Do you think adding the aha in caused you to break out ? I wish I was like one of them people aswell I take pictures of my skin weekly and it does look so much worse than when I began ˜¹. I've been reading quite far back on the forum and saw pictures of a girl in a similar situation where she kept breaking out after being on the regimen for a while and she noticed the Break outs where happening once she increased her dosage of BP and that's exactly what happened with me it was at the end of the 3rd week I started increasing my BP to half a fingers length and now at the end of my fourth week my skin is crazy!  She went back to using the pea sized Amount twice daily and her skin cleared up amazingly I can't remember her user name but she has pics at every stage at the amount she cleared up was so good! 

From tonight I am going to go back to a pea sized amount and see what happens as when I was using less BP I was seeing much better results 

It might have been the aha, since my skin was doing better. I also decreased the amount of BP, by now I should be using two full pumps but I only do a pea size amount in the morning and half a finger's length at night. I have also been taking pics and yeah it def looks a lot worse than when I started. Like I said I will try to give this two full months before stopping. I woke up with 2 more breakouts today. I have never had so many in my life but I am trying to stay positive.

Did it make your face red at first? Some people said it did and that's whats holding me back.

Not really, I think it's because I have not used the aha by itself, I mix it with the moisturizer, it did sting a bit at first but it doesn't anymore, I will do another week of mixing before I use it 3 times a week by itself. Are you seeing any progress?? I want to quit so bad

MemberMember
(@natalielucy)

Posted : 11/08/2015 2:02 pm

Did you find that reducing the amount of BP improved things at all ? I actuallly saw ok results before increasing it. I keep waking up
with new spots on my chin the ones on my cheek aren't noticeable really but i have huge ones clustered together on my chin so frustrating! Yeah I'm the same Its been a month this Wednesday coming so I wanna try and give it at least two months also

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 11/08/2015 3:34 pm

Do you think adding the aha in caused you to break out ? I wish I was like one of them people aswell I take pictures of my skin weekly and it does look so much worse than when I began ˜¹. I've been reading quite far back on the forum and saw pictures of a girl in a similar situation where she kept breaking out after being on the regimen for a while and she noticed the Break outs where happening once she increased her dosage of BP and that's exactly what happened with me it was at the end of the 3rd week I started increasing my BP to half a fingers length and now at the end of my fourth week my skin is crazy!  She went back to using the pea sized Amount twice daily and her skin cleared up amazingly I can't remember her user name but she has pics at every stage at the amount she cleared up was so good! 

It might have been the aha, since my skin was doing better. I also decreased the amount of BP, by now I should be using two full pumps but I only do a pea size amount in the morning and half a finger's length at night. I have also been taking pics and yeah it def looks a lot worse than when I started. Like I said I will try to give this two full months before stopping. I woke up with 2 more breakouts today. I have never had so many in my life but I am trying to stay positive.

Not really, I think it's because I have not used the aha by itself, I mix it with the moisturizer, it did sting a bit at first but it doesn't anymore, I will do another week of mixing before I use it 3 times a week by itself. Are you seeing any progress?? I want to quit so bad

Just that pimple thats not going anywhere still on my cheek and flakes, I'm going to start using AHA next week. I keep procrastinating lol. And do I use it day and night or just night?

Did you find that reducing the amount of BP improved  things at all ? I actuallly saw ok results before increasing it. I keep waking up
with new spots on my chin the ones on my cheek aren't noticeable really but i have huge ones clustered  together on my chin so frustrating! Yeah I'm the same Its been a month this Wednesday coming so I wanna try and give it at least two months also 

By the fourth week we're supposed to use a finger's length of BP but I only use that in the night while in the morning I use half a finger's length. I see no point of using a finger and a half length because that's a little too much. Or maybe you can put more BP on your chin and other areas with pimples and put less on the areas that don't have.

Still put on the areas where you don't have pimples because I noticed ever since I got on this regimen, I started breaking out in areas I didn't use to.

MemberMember
(@natalielucy)

Posted : 11/08/2015 4:04 pm

Since I started the regimen I've only ever put the BP where I break out and nowhere else which is why I feel like I don't need to use the full amount as I don't break out all over my face. I have heard people saying that they get break outs in other areas but do u think this is because there applying BP all over ? Cos I haven't experienced this my new pimples have been all in the same areas

MemberMember
(@491164_1443953557)

Posted : 11/08/2015 7:48 pm

oyinkan98

Well, a least its only one, I keep breaking out ughhh. I only use the aha at night, I mix it with the moisturizer. It says it can make you very very sensitive to sunlight so it is better to apply at night.

Natalielucy

I never breakout on my forehead, ever so I really don't bother putting any bp there. my problem is my left cheek, I never breakout on the right one but ever since I started putting bp I've had 2 breakouts there, which it isn't bad. All of my breakouts are happening on my left cheek and just a few on my chin. So I do out bp there.

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 11/08/2015 8:01 pm

I never used to put BP on my forehead before but I got like 2 pimples, I had no idea why though. So since then I just put BP all over my face. Just that stupid pimple on my cheek. I'm practically clear except that -.- And do I use the AHA everyday? Or how many times a week do you suggest?

Since I started the regimen I've only ever put the BP where I break out and nowhere else which is why I feel like I don't need to use the full amount as I don't break out all over my face. I have heard people saying that they get break outs in other areas but do u think this is because there applying BP all over ? Cos I haven't experienced this my new pimples have been all in the same areas

I have no idea if it is BP that's causing that, that would be a little weird since BP is supposed to fight acne lol

MemberMember
(@witknee2)

Posted : 11/23/2015 9:48 am

My face is broke out so badly !! It's about my second week and it looks so disgusting. There's bo way I can leave the house without makeup !! I know I ahould wait but I got so desperate Im going back to the derm. but I have over a month until I see the derm hopefully it can make some changes until then

MemberMember
(@natalielucy)

Posted : 11/23/2015 6:10 pm

8 hours ago, Witknee2 said:

My face is broke out so badly !! It's about my second week and it looks so disgusting. There's bo way I can leave the house without makeup !! I know I ahould wait but I got so desperate Im going back to the derm. but I have over a month until I see the derm hopefully it can make some changes until then

I was feeling exactly like you just around my 3rd and fourth week and I felt like giving up.. I've now been on the regimen for 6 weeks and I have seen an improvement my chin competlry cleared up and my cheeks were on the way aswell im due on my period so some break outs happening atm. I'm nowhere near fully clear but there has definitely been an improvement. Your on your second wel and your prob experiencing a purge I would urge you to stick it out for the 3 month period

Witknee2 liked