Notifications
Clear all

Tempted to eat whatever the heck I want!

MemberMember
(@fiaf)

Posted : 11/02/2015 4:19 pm

I'm tired of eating a specific diet without baked goods or sugar or whatever causes acne. What do you think? I just ate a blueberry muffin! I will still eat all sorts of healthy things too so why not? Green tea, beans, water, fruit. I'll see how it goes.

Funny this I don't even like unhealthy things much, now that I think of it. I dislike fast food and stuff like bacon and pop. It's mostly protein stuff like whey and shellfish + the occasional treat.

MemberMember
(@foggynotion)

Posted : 11/03/2015 4:55 am

When it comes down to cutting out unhealthy food the beginning is hardest, at some point you habituate to eating healthy food. This is especially easy when you know it is benificial to your skin. And like Chloe123 said, everything in moderation.

MemberMember
(@travelleruk)

Posted : 11/03/2015 10:09 am

Eat healthy not just for your skin, that's just a small part of it.

The bigger picture is an overall healthy body and mind. Not only will you look great but it will improve your concentration and mood.

Then you have the long term benefits of avoiding most Western diseases and ageing slower than your average person.

Oichi and User465288 liked
MemberMember
(@foggynotion)

Posted : 11/06/2015 8:32 am

It's not like what you eat is related to acne anyway. Healthy eating does not mean you won't have acne.

For some people it is though. On the other hand you are right; some food that is generally considered as healthy could trigger one's acne.

MemberMember
(@fiaf)

Posted : 11/10/2015 4:04 pm

Update: Didn't notice any break-outs really. Just one pimple on the right side of my face but I think I have it under control. Right now I have a pretty good regimen going on. Salicylic cleanser morning/night. Triacneal expert during day. Small amount of BP and cleanance expert moisturiser at night.

I've decided to keep eating stuff but I won't go berserk. I'll skip unnecessary stuff like cake/muffins and sugary stuff. Will eat lots of proteins like whey/greek yogurt/peanut butter that I hear are bad...will come back to say how it goes. Hopefully I can put on some weight this way.

MemberMember
(@user465288)

Posted : 11/10/2015 4:41 pm

I do not think greek yogurt and peanut butter is a problem, but maybe whey.

MemberMember
(@fiaf)

Posted : 11/10/2015 8:55 pm

I do not think greek yogurt and peanut butter is a problem, but maybe whey.

ah shucks I sleep like a baby when I drink this and take magnesium at night.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 11/11/2015 5:48 pm

Everything in moderation. If something causes you to break out horrendously then it's not worth it in my opinion. The 90/10 rule seems to work for many people.

MemberMember
(@fiaf)

Posted : 11/24/2015 10:48 pm

Update: I broke out. Took a while because I was a bit depressed about it. Diet DOES play a factor for me.

I pinpointed it down to greek yogurt/whey (dairy) or the shrimp. Shrimp is wierd seems REALLY healthy but it has always given me breakouts whenever I eat it. Whey well could be I've noticed an increase of acne where I don't usually get it such as cheeks and forehead. However I can't be certain. I was also eating peanut butter and bread. Oh and maybe it was the apple turnovers too...chocolate...Lots of things could have combined. Traditional stuff said to cause acne...

That's how I know there is a diet/acne link. I get pimples where I don't usually get them. Usually acne mostly in my mustache/jawline/chin area but with these foods I get more everywhere and I also get more cysts. Without them they are rare.

So to hell with eating whatever I want. I must eat healthy. I can do without them. It's not that acne stops for me. It is just definitively less severe. The priority is getting rid of acne. Even if I stay so underweight. I don't even want to do trial and error.

I'll see how it goes. No dairy/peanuts or baked goods and other such things.

I will update again see how it goes eating healthy.

Goodnight.

MemberMember
(@fiaf)

Posted : 12/11/2015 1:07 pm

Update: Been eating much healthier eliminated dairy and grains but I am still getting acne...it's also been difficult because I can only eat so much and I am losing too much weight. The upside is no cysts just small whiteheads but I'm still not sure if it is worth it.Been about two weeks now. I only use treatment at night though...I think I will need to use BP twice a day as much as I don't like to. Only in small amounts because my skin is too sensitive.

MemberMember
(@fiaf)

Posted : 03/30/2016 3:04 pm

Sorry for not updating. I've been doing great. I eat whatever I want. I know diet has nothing to do with anything.

All I needed was Eau Thermale Avene Cleanance Expert!

-John- liked
MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 04/11/2016 10:10 am

For me I only notice DAIRY breaks me out for sure. Sometimes within hours and even a small amount. Sugar doesn't do it in normal amounts...chocolate with milk in it does. They make plenty of vegan desserts though. Are you allergic to gluten? I'm not...
Im allergic to bananas and avocados, i either break out or get hives on my chest or itchy mouth. I really dont eat them anymore.
Dont stress about foods if youre not even sure they bother you. The last thing you need is more stress.