Notifications
Clear all

Nothing Works.

MemberMember
(@flame45)

Posted : 11/02/2015 3:28 pm

I've tried everything (make up wise) from cheap to expensive and nothing i see on youtube working for other people ever works for me. I spend 40,50,60$ on a make up product that i see works so good on everyone on youtube who claims they have oily skin but for me it does nothing. i still look oily in 2-3 hours no matter how expensive or what cheap things that are supposed to work i use. I have a good skin care and im not using anything too harsh that would be making my skin produce more oil. I got a reference to a dermatologist so i'm waiting on that ( i live in canada) but im just wondering if anyone else is like that? Literally nothing works lol, it all has the same result in a matter of 2-3 hours. My nose is especially the greasiest spot on my face, following the sides of my nose and my chin and my forehead. before i had acne my skin was normal, not oily and not dry. Now i barely have any active pimples, just lots of scarring, no matter what i do nothing works and its starting to frustrate me lol

MemberMember
(@102938)

Posted : 11/02/2015 4:24 pm

I'm like that as well. The excessive oil on my face only started disappearing after a month on accutane.

MemberMember
(@tippa)

Posted : 11/02/2015 10:20 pm

I have oily skin too and have had great success taking pantothenic acid--vitamin b5. I would take 1000-2000mg per day. If you Google it you'll find a lot of info. I have yet to find any makeup, primer, treatment to help my oily skin. Like you, I've spent a ton of money too.

MemberMember
(@user465288)

Posted : 11/03/2015 4:22 am

A better question might be why b5 works?

Also Pantethine is better than Pantothenic acid.

"(..)this drug lowered fatty acid re-esterification in a dose-dependent manner, the effect being specially evident in the presence of epinephrine. In vitro synthesis of both cholesterol and fatty acids by slices of liver or intestinal epithelial cells was depressed as the concentration of pantethine increased in the medium. Thus, an inhibition of both cholesterolgenesis and lipogenesis seems to contribute to the hypocholesterolemic and hypotriglyceridemic effects of pantethine." (1)

Key words:
- Lowered fatty acid re-esterification
- Hypocholestemia
- hyportriglyceridemia

"Many dietary factors affect plasma triglycerides. Those which decrease the triglyceride level include n-3 fatty acids from fish oil, weight loss, alcohol restriction, and a higher fat (unsaturated fat) diet, whereas a high-carbohydrate, low-fat diet increases triglycerides. The individual responses and the associated magnitude of change in triglycerides as a result of these different dietary factors will vary. For patients with hypertriglyceridemia, fish oil supplements will usually elicit the most potent effects. However, some patients can normalize their triglyceride level with weight loss plus exercise, by avoiding or limiting their alcohol intake, and by increasing the total fat content of their diet. In addition, fish oil supplements can help further to reduce plasma triglycerides. Thus, the combined effects of multiple dietary interventions provide the most potent means of maximally lowering the plasma triglyceride level." (2)

Key words:
- Fish oil
- Weight loss
- Alcohol restriction
- High fat low carbohydrate
- Excersise

Sources:
(1) http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1382668998000209
(2) http://cpr.sagepub.com/content/7/5/333.abstract

Somewhere in my research I've postet here on acne.org I've linked to a similar study for dietary inventions for lowering cholesterol, the same diet as in (2) came in handy.

MemberMember
(@baxtermcdoobinson)

Posted : 11/03/2015 8:39 am

A better question might be why b5 works?

Also Pantethine is better than Pantothenic acid.

"(..)this drug lowered fatty acid re-esterification in a dose-dependent manner, the effect being specially evident in the presence of epinephrine. In vitro synthesis of both cholesterol and fatty acids by slices of liver or intestinal epithelial cells was depressed as the concentration of pantethine increased in the medium. Thus, an inhibition of both cholesterolgenesis and lipogenesis seems to contribute to the hypocholesterolemic and hypotriglyceridemic effects of pantethine." (1)

Key words:
- Lowered fatty acid re-esterification
- Hypocholestemia
- hyportriglyceridemia

"Many dietary factors affect plasma triglycerides. Those which decrease the triglyceride level include n-3 fatty acids from fish oil, weight loss, alcohol restriction, and a higher fat (unsaturated fat) diet, whereas a high-carbohydrate, low-fat diet increases triglycerides. The individual responses and the associated magnitude of change in triglycerides as a result of these different dietary factors will vary. For patients with hypertriglyceridemia, fish oil supplements will usually elicit the most potent effects. However, some patients can normalize their triglyceride level with weight loss plus exercise, by avoiding or limiting their alcohol intake, and by increasing the total fat content of their diet. In addition, fish oil supplements can help further to reduce plasma triglycerides. Thus, the combined effects of multiple dietary interventions provide the most potent means of maximally lowering the plasma triglyceride level." (2)

Key words:
- Fish oil
- Weight loss
- Alcohol restriction
- High fat low carbohydrate
- Excersise

Sources:
(1) http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1382668998000209
(2) http://cpr.sagepub.com/content/7/5/333.abstract

Somewhere in my research I've postet here on acne.org I've linked to a similar study for dietary inventions for lowering cholesterol, the same diet as in (2) came in handy.

Doesn't get much better than this! Some well articulated thoughts!