Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheGuy123

What scars are these? (Pictures included)

I have red marks all over both my cheeks. Since finishing accutane/roaccutane exactly 3 months ago today my red marks have faded quite a bit but are still there. Since they are fading, I have noticed that these scars have come out. I am wondering what scars are these? I believe that they are rolling scars. Also, will these scars heal over time on there own?? as I have seen a lot of similar scars which have healed on there own over 1/2 years.

The pictures are only from my right cheek but my left cheek is very similar.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I think these are rolling and boxcar scars, i have similar ones, but worse. I don't think they gonna heal on their own:(. I fnished accutane in may, and my scars are basically the same. You could try dermarolling, that's what I will do.

I have a couple shallow scars and my derm told me they could go away over a year or two, but there are no guarantees of course. If mine don't get better after a while I am going to try a dermastamp.

I'm thinking of waiting 2 more months and buy ing a dermaroller from Amazon and dermaroll on my own. My scars are quite shallow and the pictures shown are in the worst lighting. I can keep you guys updated if you want by posting a monthly update on my skin changes?

Before you go derma rolling or using chemical peels like TCA I would try prescription topical retinoids. Something like micro dermabrassion can help too. Make sure to use sunscreen as well.

I bought myself an at home microdermabrasion device last winter and have noticed a difference in my rolling/boxcar scars. I also started using Epiduo around the same time.