Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I don't know if it will make you feel any better, but I can definitely relate. Humanity has stamped my existence as ugly too, so I know what you're going through. The only option is to unite. 

IMG_1045.thumb.JPG.2a2994443defbf0111939

Beauty Is Subjective. Beauty Is In The Eye Of The Beholder. 

No one is objectively "beautiful", nor objectively "ugly". 

Beauty is just an opinion of someone, and everyone have different opinions. 

The problem is that everyone has the opinion that I'm ugly.

You sure? I'd take "everyone's" opinion with a pinch of salt. Let's just say I've seen downright handsome men walk down the street with not-so-attractive women in tow. You see, the judgement of beauty is never standardized.

Being unattractive is horrible in society. There are literally no people that are attracted to me and I will never be able to pass on my genes. I doubt that many other people could relate to this.

I posted my picture on a website where people can rate you and I got horrible ratings and bad insults and have been told this in person as well, so I'm not just making this up.

I think i am ugly too :( I wouldn't want to pass on my genes because i don't want anyone to suffer with the skin i have. I'm not concerned about people not being "attracted" to me. I dont care if they're not. Theres more important things in a relationship then that. I just want to look 'normal' and not have to worry about my appearance.

Why would you put your photo on a website and ask to be rated??? People on the internet are horrible! I mean they even write bitchy things about celebrities who are supposedly attractive.

All i can say is there are some things we can change and others we can't. If there's things you can change work on that - i'm working on my acne. I have accepted though that i'm never going to be pretty - well unless some very drastic plastic surgery were possible. Of course i still look at all those attractive women and wish i looked like them but whats the point dwelling on it cos its not possible. 

Being unattractive is horrible in society. There are literally no people that are attracted to me and I will never be able to pass on my genes. I doubt that many other people could relate to this.

I posted my picture on a website where people can rate you and I got horrible ratings and bad insults and have been told this in person as well, so I'm not just making this up.

To be honest Lucas, this is not the first time you are telling us that.

Ask any woman on the planet what she wants in a guy. I'm pretty sure one of the top 3-5 things is something about height. Women all over like tall men. Right?
So when I was teenager and 5 foot 3 inches or 161 cm, I really really believed I would be single forever and die a virgin.
Well it turned out the top 1 priority for most women, including the ones who tell you different, and including the ones who themselves believe different, is confidence. 
So for years I faked having confidence, I am not a stud and I can't always get the girl i want. But I have been with aound 25 girls, had 3 long relationships and I'm so short 5. graders are taller than me. 
Confidence is still not in the high, but i'm working on it, and until I get there, I will continue to fake the rest.
Fake it till you make it ;) 

Beauty Is Subjective. Beauty Is In The Eye Of The Beholder. 

No one is objectively "beautiful", nor objectively "ugly". 

Beauty is just an opinion of someone, and everyone have different opinions. 

The problem is that everyone has the opinion that I'm ugly.

You sure? I'd take "everyone's" opinion with a pinch of salt. Let's just say I've seen downright handsome men walk down the street with not-so-attractive women in tow. You see, the judgement of beauty is never standardized.

It is though. If you look good then you will get hundreds of likes on Instagram, Facebook, etc. If you're ugly you won't get any except for a few out of pity. Not to mention in real life you will be treated worse. I haven't met a single person that thinks I'm good looking. I've noticed that people don't even look at me in the face when they talk to me which is insulting. The truth is that every single person thinks that I'm ugly.

It's all true, but we are already talking about his in another thread.

I think I read this on reddit somewhere (can always count on that site for unconventional wisdom and insight :-) ).  Someone mentioned that one shouldn't be so concerned whether or not they pass on their genes.  The post pointed out that say someone had a child or children, but then some unforeseeable event happened and that child(ren) died before they could have children....  Just because someone has kids, doesn't mean that their genes are "eternal"....  They may be passed on to one generation and then that may be it....

Not having kids is easy for me to accept as I have had a long time to think about things like this....  I am not even sure I will get married in the future, even to a woman who doesn't want kids.

Even though passing on our genes is hard wired into us, I think that our rational brains can overcome these animal desires and allow anyone to lead fulfilling lives with or without having kids.  I am working a fairly low stress job, saving some money, reading a lot, and have a lot of hobbies (most of them being introverted ones like computer gaming, electronics tinkering, etc.).  I have forced myself to have enough going on that brings some daily joy to me so that it is harder to dwell on such thoughts....

I think i am ugly too :( I wouldn't want to pass on my genes because i don't want anyone to suffer with the skin i have. I'm not concerned about people not being "attracted" to me. I dont care if they're not. Theres more important things in a relationship then that. I just want to look 'normal' and not have to worry about my appearance.

Why would you put your photo on a website and ask to be rated??? People on the internet are horrible! I mean they even write bitchy things about celebrities who are supposedly attractive.

All i can say is there are some things we can change and others we can't. If there's things you can change work on that - i'm working on my acne. I have accepted though that i'm never going to be pretty - well unless some very drastic plastic surgery were possible. Of course i still look at all those attractive women and wish i looked like them but whats the point dwelling on it cos its not possible. 

I like the positive attitude that your post conveys.  It takes a strength that few will ever know (or have) to live in such a superficial and looks-driven world.  I think the perspective I have gained from all my years of this struggle, and one I'm hoping that some of you may also, is that I try to help everyone that I encounter in my day-to-day life, regardless of there appearance!  I try not to give special treatment to nicer looking women that I would not give to women who are overweight, etc.  Same goes for men.  I will help out the man with  a limb deformity just as readily as a male model.

Side note: I know some of my past threads, I have voiced some strong opinions about fat/obese women.  Let me reiterate that everyone has a right to have standards for whom they would have sex with.  Just because someone isn't attractive to you, doesn't mean you are a mean or negative person.  I do however still believe that being fat/obese is largely a failure of willpower versus an un-treatable condition like severe acne/scarring is, but that is another debate.....

I think I read this on reddit somewhere (can always count on that site for unconventional wisdom and insight :-) ).  Someone mentioned that one shouldn't be so concerned whether or not they pass on their genes.  The post pointed out that say someone had a child or children, but then some unforeseeable event happened and that child(ren) died before they could have children....  Just because someone has kids, doesn't mean that their genes are "eternal"....  They may be passed on to one generation and then that may be it....

Not having kids is easy for me to accept as I have had a long time to think about things like this....  I am not even sure I will get married in the future, even to a woman who doesn't want kids.

Even though passing on our genes is hard wired into us, I think that our rational brains can overcome these animal desires and allow anyone to lead fulfilling lives with or without having kids.  I am working a fairly low stress job, saving some money, reading a lot, and have a lot of hobbies (most of them being introverted ones like computer gaming, electronics tinkering, etc.).  I have forced myself to have enough going on that brings some daily joy to me so that it is harder to dwell on such thoughts....

I like the positive attitude that your post conveys.  It takes a strength that few will ever know (or have) to live in such a superficial and looks-driven world.  I think the perspective I have gained from all my years of this struggle, and one I'm hoping that some of you may also, is that I try to help everyone that I encounter in my day-to-day life, regardless of there appearance!  I try not to give special treatment to nicer looking women that I would not give to women who are overweight, etc.  Same goes for men.  I will help out the man with  a limb deformity just as readily as a male model.

Side note: I know some of my past threads, I have voiced some strong opinions about fat/obese women.  Let me reiterate that everyone has a right to have standards for whom they would have sex with.  Just because someone isn't attractive to you, doesn't mean you are a mean or negative person.  I do however still believe that being fat/obese is largely a failure of willpower versus an un-treatable condition like severe acne/scarring is, but that is another debate.....

Enjoyed your comments :)  Yes it is terrible that we live in such a superficial looks obsessed society. I guess i try not to judge people when i meet them. I mean i might think in my head - that person is overweight, has acne, whatever, as a factual statement but continue to show that person compassion and respect. Afterall i don't know what their life is like or what struggles they've been through. Why do we have to then label that person as either ugly or attractive? Can't they just be as they are without being judged. Sure sometimes you might feel a physical attraction to a particular person but that doesnt mean everyone else is "ugly."
The whole "attraction" thing is so complicated really. I mean its not just looks but also personality. And a person might be considered 'good looking' by society's standards but that doesnt mean you will necessarily be attracted to them. "Ugly" and "attractive" are really just labels we have created. Its like art - how do you judge a good or bad painting? Some people like pretty flowers others like picasso.

Spreading your genes? The world is overpopulated anyway. I wouldn't worry about that.

You can post pics on a website and have strangers rate you? Sorry, but I think the only people who do that are people who have low self-esteem, even attractive women. Forget about what others think of you, especially strangers on some website. 

You can post pics on a website and have strangers rate you? Sorry, but I think the only people who do that are people who have low self-esteem, even attractive women. Forget about what others think of you, especially strangers on some website. 

Armchair psychologist

With that attitude, you'll never be attractive to anyone your entire life.

Ask any woman on the planet what she wants in a guy. I'm pretty sure one of the top 3-5 things is something about height. Women all over like tall men. Right?
So when I was teenager and 5 foot 3 inches or 161 cm, I really really believed I would be single forever and die a virgin.
Well it turned out the top 1 priority for most women, including the ones who tell you different, and including the ones who themselves believe different, is confidence. 
So for years I faked having confidence, I am not a stud and I can't always get the girl i want. But I have been with aound 25 girls, had 3 long relationships and I'm so short 5. graders are taller than me. 
Confidence is still not in the high, but i'm working on it, and until I get there, I will continue to fake the rest.
Fake it till you make it ;) 617849f15df4b425d44a4db8d6f3bcf87a2dcca8

I don't understand what your goal is in making posts like this. People are taking the time to make thoughtful responses and you're just being completely dismissive and rude. What do you want people to say? "Yeah, I bet you're really ugly and you'll definitely be alone the rest of your life." Isn't that way you think anyway? Why even ask?

Also, I'm sure you think the guy in that picture is every woman's dream or whatever, but just for the record I don't find him attractive at all. He's only attractive in the most bland, generic way possible. I've never dated anyone who looked remotely like him. Bleh. 

Isn't there anything you like about yourself? I see it this way: society tries to convince anyone that doesn't conform to the ideals (that aren't even real) as ugly... But ugly and beauty is subjective... And evolution has made sure that you should be attractive to someone so you can carry on your genes... So do you think society overpowers nature? This phenomenon gets reinforced when you believe that you are too ugly to find a partner. It not only reinforces but is the key to breaking this down. If you reject society's ideal of beauty what will happen? If you see the beauty in yourself? Maybe everyone will as well. 

Look at the people who have confidence but not ideal beauty, you think, oh they might have money or something else (insert whatever society deems attractive) and so they become attractive to you. But really this person might just have accepted themselves, seen something awesome in themselves, and just decided they were attractive anyways. Therefore, they have real confidence that come from inside but to everyone else it will still be valid even though it is not based on what society thinks. Confidence is the end product... beauty without confidence is ugly... ugly with confidence? 

Perhaps a little confusing, but think about it. 

I know how you feel about being unattractive.
I get stares when I go out. People literally avoid sitting next to me on the bus. I've heard all the comments and ridicule from both strangers and people I love (heck, my dad called me ugly).

But that's the thing - you CANNOT let their opinions of you define who you are. I am slowly accepting myself in my skin right now, if only because feeling mopey and miserable over something I generally don't have control over only contributes to feelings of helplessness and despair. I also make sure to listen to the people who do matter, friends who think I'm beautiful no matter what my skin looks like, people who see me as me instead of the acne & scar-ridden face I show most of the world.

As difficult as it is to find the silver lining (if you read my blog, you'll definitely see how depressed I feel), it bodes well for my emotional well-being to feel hopeful instead.
P.S. My first boyfriend had bad acne and scarring (I used to have better skin then) and we dated for five years. It's not about how others see you. It's how about you see yourself. :)

Isn't there anything you like about yourself? I see it this way: society tries to convince anyone that doesn't conform to the ideals (that aren't even real) as ugly... But ugly and beauty is subjective... And evolution has made sure that you should be attractive to someone so you can carry on your genes... So do you think society overpowers nature? This phenomenon gets reinforced when you believe that you are too ugly to find a partner. It not only reinforces but is the key to breaking this down. If you reject society's ideal of beauty what will happen? If you see the beauty in yourself? Maybe everyone will as well. 

Look at the people who have confidence but not ideal beauty, you think, oh they might have money or something else (insert whatever society deems attractive) and so they become attractive to you. But really this person might just have accepted themselves, seen something awesome in themselves, and just decided they were attractive anyways. Therefore, they have real confidence that come from inside but to everyone else it will still be valid even though it is not based on what society thinks. Confidence is the end product... beauty without confidence is ugly... ugly with confidence? 

Beauty is not subjective. It doesn't matter if you find beauty in yourself or not, the rest of society will reject you if they disagree.

Confidence should not be pushed on everyone, especially since some people have anxiety disorders and are not confident because of that. Are you saying that those people are "ugly" because they lack confidence?

But that's the thing - you CANNOT let their opinions of you define who you are. I am slowly accepting myself in my skin right now, if only because feeling mopey and miserable over something I generally don't have control over only contributes to feelings of helplessness and despair. I also make sure to listen to the people who do matter, friends who think I'm beautiful no matter what my skin looks like, people who see me as me instead of the acne & scar-ridden face I show most of the world.

My friends have insulted me over the way I look.

I am sorry, but it is subjective. It's all in our heads. That is what makes it subjective. It's not you. It's them. It's "society".

Beauty is not subjective. It doesn't matter if you find beauty in yourself or not, the rest of society will reject you if they disagree.

Confidence should not be pushed on everyone, especially since some people have anxiety disorders and are not confident because of that. Are you saying that those people are "ugly" because they lack confidence?

My friends have insulted me over the way I look.

Not ugly, but unattractive yes... Why should I like someone that doesn't even like themselves? Confidence and intelligence is worth more than anything on the surface... This is the 'real' stuff everything else will just fade eventually. Of course, there must be attraction, but it might surprise you that attraction doesn't depend on beauty at all. 

And, it is subjective. You are just sitting there feeling sorry for yourself so you'll argue everything that everyone says at this point. 

"Beauty is as important for wholesome living as love and acceptance. We may be able to exist as a hermit or social leper, but we cannot thrive as one. We surround ourselves with beauty. We need it."

"Dr. Slater is quoted as saying; “Our research shows that perception of beauty is something genetic rather than socially constructed.” Regarding his article, “Newborn infants prefer attractive faces” Dr. Slater wrote to me in an April 23 email, "I agree with you that beauty is objective.”

- www. academia. edu

So now you suddenly like research huh?

Dude the reason why people doesn't like you isn't because you are ugly and have acne, it's your personality!