Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blackdog1114

Really bad(Cystic?) acne

I'm 15, and have had some pretty bad acne mainly on the right side of my face. From the research I've done I believe it is cystic acne, and I've had the same ones for about 4 or five months now. I think it started because Id always sleep on my right side, which I have since stopped doing. I've tried many things so far, Salycilic acid face washes, pads, topical benzoyl peroxide, benzoyl peroxide cleansers/masks, topical recorsinol with sulfur, and lotions with benzoyl peroxide, lemon juice, none have worked at all. I believe that they are just filled with pus one of them constantly drains if I accidentally touch it or move my face in a certain way. I've been to a dermatologist who gave me some cortisone injections and prescribed me some prednisone, which helped for a week or two but had minimal results. They wanted to start me on accutane, which I initially decided not to do due to all the side effects it seems to have, but now I'm reconsidering. Does anyone here know of anything I can do to help get rid of this acne, or is accutane my best bet? Im going back on the 10th so if I cant find anything here I plan to just start accutane