Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tinik54

Side effects of using grapeseed oil as a moisturizer?

A little background on my skin:

I have combination/oily skin. Up until a few months ago, I only ever got acne in my T-zone, but not my right cheek is breaking out like crazy. Every single pimple that I get leaves behind hyperpigmentation, regardless of whether or not I touch that area. I do wear makeup at school, but I only use concealer for the hyperpigmentation.

I just got purchased the Aura Cacia Natural Skincare Grapeseed Oil, and I've used it only twice on my face. TWICE. Yet, I've experienced almost immediate redness (I don't know if you would call it irritation) and dryness on both of my cheeks. I woke up (after applying it to my face as a moisturizer) to one of my "pimples" (which was already pretty much gone, but it felt normal-sized, and it was already a huge dark mark by then) being very dry--there was dry flaky skin surrounding the dark mark.

I chose grapeseed oil because I read that it's supposed to help with/won't cause irritation (which I NEVER had a problem with prior to using grapeseed oil). Did anyone else experience this with grapeseed oil? If you did, what oil works for you now? I'm trying to use as many natural products as possible, but I can't seem to find the perfect solution.

(Side note: irritation was at its peak on the first application, which had .5 oz grapeseed oil, 2 drops tea tree essential oil, and 2 drops of lavender essential oil. I think the tea tree oil made it worse. Or maybe I didn't dilute the solution enough? My second application was just the grapeseed oil.)