Notifications
Clear all

Eating unhealthy once causing acne?

MemberMember
(@soren1997)

Posted : 10/31/2015 5:37 pm

Hey Guys,
I have no active acne (except for 2 pimples) and I'm on accutane :D. I used to have acne..
I have a VERY healthy lifestyle, no processed food, dairy, sugar, alcohol, white bread etc. and I'm vegan.
Today I ate some oats with a lot of dried fruits in it, which is filled with fruit sugar, can this affect my skin? I know it sounds crazy and totally overreacting :P But yeah, It was only today i did it.. 

MemberMember
(@user465288)

Posted : 11/01/2015 5:35 am

Hows your skin? its been a while since this post. have you broken out?

Dont let acne give you the fear that if you eat something, you will break out. Oats is VERY good for you, and i eat it every 2nd day for breakfast and i havent broken out from it. I actually think its helped my acne. Dried fruits is also fine once in a while, its better than eating chocolate.

Stressing about everything will cause more acne than the food itself. 

I do break out from oats and dried fruit is just like candy. Also we know acne is caused by bad diet, and we also know how to fix it, with good diet :) 
Maybe instead of thinking and guessing our way to clear skin, we should look at science. I have quoted and linked many scientific studies and the good quality studies pretty much all say the same: Bad diet leads to acne.

Chloe123 liked
MemberMember
(@soren1997)

Posted : 11/01/2015 9:41 am

thanks guys :) My skin still looks fine, I know oats is good for you, and I LOVE IT :) It's just after so many years of acne, you are afraid to get it again :/ :) 

MemberMember
(@rittdk01)

Posted : 11/07/2015 5:12 am

Eating anything once will not break u out. I always ate a healthy dietand I still got acne. Accutane ko'd most of that. My best advice for diet is to not stress out, since diet really is a small % when it comes to acne causes. Eating healthy gives me a good bod, so even if it does nothing for acne I still get something out of it.

Chloe123 liked
MemberMember
(@user465288)

Posted : 11/07/2015 5:39 am

since diet really is a small % when it comes to acne causes.

Not according to a lot of scientific studies. Acne is caused byover activationof the mTORc1 protein complex which is directly influent by food.

MemberMember
(@michellekawaii)

Posted : 11/08/2015 12:43 am

It depends on your skin. I was on a vegan diet for a whole year to see if i would have any improvements to my skin and nothing. Eating healthy does nothing for me, BUT drinking a lot of water does. So i try to avoid juices and soda.

MemberMember
(@convinceme)

Posted : 11/08/2015 2:00 am

It depends on your skin. I was on a vegan diet for a whole year to see if i would have any improvements to my skin and nothing. Eating healthy does nothing for me, BUT drinking a lot of water does. So i try to avoid juices and soda.

Wrong again. You have no idea the copious amounts of water I drink on a daily basis. You. Have. No. Idea. I. Assure. You.

If you're racing in your mind to challenge me on this point now, don't. Just don't.

I drink water from the very moment I wake up. I drink a liter on the hour. I persist till the evening just before I sleep. And this is on top of the fruits and vegetables (naturally containing water) that I eat in my diet. And this is on top of the food (soups, etc) that are liquid based. And I drink some more.

And guess what? I'm still here on this forum.

Chloe123 liked
MemberMember
(@user465288)

Posted : 11/08/2015 2:43 am

since diet really is a small % when it comes to acne causes.

Not according to a lot of scientific studies. Acne is caused byover activationof the mTORc1 protein complex which is directly influent by food.

Wrong.

You have nothing Lucas. You never had, you once quoted a flawed study from 1969 that is all.

Who told you veganism was healthy?

Chloe123 liked
MemberMember
(@chloe123)

Posted : 11/08/2015 3:06 am

Wrong again. You have no idea the copious amounts of water I drink on a daily basis. You. Have. No. Idea. I. Assure. You.

If you're racing in your mind to challenge me on this point now, don't. Just don't.

I drink water from the very moment I wake up. I drink a liter on the hour. I persist till the evening just before I sleep. And this is on top of the fruits and vegetables (naturally containing water) that I eat in my diet. And this is on top of the food (soups, etc) that are liquid based. And I drink some more.

And guess what? I'm still here on this forum.

Water hasnt done jack shit for me either. Its getting to the point where i actually get pissed when people post things like "drinking 4 litres a day cleared my acne forever" i wish it was that easy for me ugh

MemberMember
(@user465288)

Posted : 11/08/2015 10:28 am

You've yet to post any studies to show that diet is the cause of all acne.

I do not think you fullyunderstand the scientific method buddy

This may help you

It's also pretty catchy