Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
User466839

Indeed. I'm attending a school that's for adults. I'm pretty young compared to others. There are so many people at my school mostly from the age of 24. And there was seriously 1 person out of thousands I noticed with 'breakouts' not really bad acne tho.. Some people say that they have acne if they have 3 spots on their cheeks. No no those are just spots. Acne is another level...  

All my friends have imperfectionate faces I have mild to severe acne and in high school I don't see as much kids with acne than I would expect, I hate when people tell me that too. its just not as common as we would want it to be (acne suffers), we just notice all the imperfectionate faces and notice them more then they notice there own perfectionate catagory they notice acne faces not clear faces so to them it seems common. But to people like us we don't see enough of it that it makes us feel normal. 

On 10/31/2015, 12:31:23, Lucas89 said:

I hate when people say that acne is common and tons of people are suffering from it. I never see anyone that is an adult that has acne in person. I guess everyone with a few pimples considers that "acne" and thinks that they're a  "sufferer" of it when they have no idea what it is like to have cystic acne covering your face, body, scalp, arms, etc.

I agree.  I work in a school with over a staff of 100 and I am 1 of 2 individuals with chronic acne....sucks to be me. 

Yes i have to say i rarely see anyone else with acne. Even when i was in school i don't remember anyone else having acne - and i would remember cos i was always looking at everyones skin! 

I work with the public now so i do occasionally see others with pimples. Mostly the women i see have make up on - but i can still tell they have some acne being such an expert as i am :) Rarely see any guys except one or two school aged kids.

They must be all hiding away in their homes! I so wish there was some kind of acne support group i could attend. I mean there are so many groups for people trying to lose weight, acne just doesnt receive the same attention.