Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acneiscrap

I'm starting a new skincare routine. What do you think?

Hey everyone, I'm really new here, and wanted to ask the community about a new skincare routine I'll be trying out soon.

I've had a really bad breakout that started almost 7–8 weeks ago, and I've been trying Salycyclic Acid, namely through Stridex Maximum wipes since then, but I realise that Salycyclic Acid doesn't help my acne too much and I'm reorting to sulfur instead after reading up about it.

Here's the breakdown of my routines (before breakout, during breakout, and what I plan to change to) and I was hoping if you guys could provide comments, maybe explaining why my routines were bad and what could be improved.

BEFORE BREAKOUT

Morning and Evening
Cleanse with Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash
Tone with some toner (lol can't remember which one but I've stopped...)
Moisturise with ICM Pharma BASIC AquaCream (Singapore product)
Evening: Face Masks from convenient stores (see: MyBeautyDiary)

DURING BREAKOUT (I've done about 7–8 weeks of this)

Morning and Evening
Cleanse with Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash
Exfoliate and Salycyclic Acid with Stridex Maximum
Moisturise with ICM Pharma BASIC AquaCream (Singapore product)

WHAT I PLAN TO CHANGE TO

Morning and Evening
Cleanse with 
Grandpa's, Thylox, Acne Treatment Soap with Sulfur
Tone with Thayers, Witch Hazel Aloe Vera Formula, Alcohol-Free Toner
Moisturise with Madre Labs, Camellia Care, EGCG Green Tea Skin Cream
if I'm going out in the day, I'll probably put on some sun screen

Any comments or inputs? I'm seriously trying to put an end to all this acne crap that's been going on for 2 months now. I just want it to stop as soon as possible...

Good luck with your new regimen!....getting rid of acne is an ongoing struggle for most here and the same products work differently for different people.  Perhaps going forward if you want to change your routine because you think something isn't working, try just changing one product at a time for a better chance of finding out what really is or isn't working for you.

Way! That sounds so much more gentle and covers all components of a good regimen. Sulfur helps shed dead skin cells like SA does (keratolytic) and also is a good anti-bacterial. I've heard almost only positive things about witch haze,l and green tea has so many good antioxidants which help acne in a number of ways. (Anything oxidising pretty much equals inflammation).

I used sulfur soap a few months back and by lord it was a holy grail find, but then it stopped working?! I seem to be the only person on acne.org who has found this though so hopefully it will work for you. Good luck!

Hello.. I also remember using very mild products for my face. And for two weeks my face doesnt break out. But at the thrd wek. It was super awful and eat caused me to break out super bad is using of toner in the morning esp if its acid base and alcohol free. In thr morning, u shod not use products like ahas and exfoliating creams. And dats why most people purge because of sensitivity. A sunblokck wd moisturizer is already enough in the day. At night u cod use toner and aha creams or exfliating creamd for three nights a week. And den let skin heal.. Remember to be simple in d day and protect. While at night u have to rejuvenate ur skin. Hope ds helps:)