Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fade95

Avocado causing forehead acne?

Heyy so I recently started to eat avocado everyday during lunch. I read that it will not cause acne and that it will give you the benefits etc.. But I'm now one week further and my forehead broke out like never before. One big inlammation. It was never this bad :( has anyone had the same reaction? Btw I never ate avocado in my life so can it be possible that I'm not used to foods so rich in oils. (I also used to be high carb low fat vegan for 6 months) Do I have to slow my intake or just avoid eating it

Edited by fade95

Heyy so I recently started to eat avocado everyday during lunch. I read that it will not cause acne and that it will give you the benefits etc.. But I'm now one week further and my forehead broke out like never before. One big inlammation. It was never this bad :( has anyone had the same reaction? Btw I never ate avocado in my life so can it be possible that I'm not used to foods so rich in oils. (I also used to be high carb low fat vegan for 6 months) Do I have to slow my intake or just avoid eating it

I don't think i've ever noticed a breakout avocado but i suppose it could be the fat if you're eating a large amount. Is that the only thing thats changed in your diet? Why don't you just stop eating avocado for a couple of weeks and see if there's a difference. 

Thanks for your reply. And I only added avocado on toast into my diet.. I'm already 2 days without it and the redness is going down (+ I consumed many cups of rooibos tea). Indeed I'm just going to stay away from avocado and the toast, for now..

Hi,
I think it is not worried about how much you are consuming, because Avocado containing lots of nutrients and healthy fats.
It has many health benefits such as , it won't make you fat, it's fully loaded with antioxidant, which protect the eyes, help prevent cancer, helps to lose weight. Also, you can add into the diet.

Edited by Control Panel
Removed hyperlink: linking to website that provides paid services