Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi guys, so I suffer mild to moderate acne. I have somewhat of a dysmorphic perspective on my skin. Whenever I get a pimple, even if its relatively small, I zero in on it and fixate. I have OCD and have themes completely separate from this, but with pimples I obsess, have to run to the mirror every few minutes and the worst- compulsively pick and and pop, until I have giant scabs and  infections My pimples go from being relatively minor, to being large swollen abscesses that last for weeks.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has OCD on here? Can someone tell me how they cope with this? Acne makes me feel disgusting and disfigured, and picking nad popping only makes it worse for me.

I never pick my spots but whenever I get a spot I always look at it. Constantly at the mirror!

only thing that has helped me has just playing my video games and trying to completely distract myself 

Sounds exactly like me. I just picked and squeezed the shit out of my face last night after work. I obsess over every pimple and can't forget about it until I get whatever is in there out...I have not yet figured out how to get over this or make it better :(

I am currently crying because I have just picked a huge hole in my face. Normally I avoid this but I have been cooped up in the house for two days because of the snow so I am constantly picking at my face. One thing to try is to get the square sensitive Skin Band Aid brand band aids and place some polysporin (similar to neoaporin) over the pimple. This will keep the wound from becoming infected and will help you to hopefully resist the urge to pick. I hope this helps! 

I also have the tendency to fixate on my acne. I have to remind myself to AVOID the mirror in the bathroom so I can't obsess. I remind myself to care for myself and care for my skin- not fight it. 

I am not OCD, but I can relate.