Notifications
Clear all

Microdermabrasion after TCA Cross

MemberMember
(@george11)

Posted : 10/30/2015 7:18 am

I had my second TCA Cross treatment with Dr Chu around 5 weeks ago and I'd now like to undergo a microdermabrasion treatment - aiming to shrink my pores and generally level out my skin a little. What I wanted to know is how long should I wait after TCA Cross before undergoing microdermabrasion? Is 5 weeks sufficient?

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 10/30/2015 5:48 pm

Could I ask when you saw impovements with TCA cross? If you did see improvements that is. How long did it take for the 'scabs' to fall off?

MemberMember
(@george11)

Posted : 10/31/2015 6:39 am

Could I ask when you saw impovements with TCA cross? If you did see improvements that is. How long did it take for the 'scabs' to fall off?

I've had two treatments and both times I saw moderate improvement on all of my scars (except from the biggest one which seems to be a little trickier to budge!). I wouldn't say there's been a point when I've said "Ok it's improving now!" but if I compare my face now to where it was 5 months ago there's definitely an improvement. Most of the scars have widened a little but are also shallower which makes them less noticeable.

My advice would be to relax, it's not going to be a miracle bullet but gradually over time you're almost certainly going to see a significant improvement. I think it's important to get into that mindset of it's not something where next week you're suddenly going to notice a huge change but maybe this time in a couple of months you'll notice things starting to even out a little.

The first time I had TCA cross performed I didn't use Vaseline post-treatment and then I'd say my scabs fell off around day 8-9. The second time I had the treatment I did use Vaseline in which case I didn't really scab up too much so it's difficult to say :).

Hope that helps, and good luck!

MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 10/31/2015 7:02 am

Thank you for getting back to me, I used vaseline so the scabs fell off quite early. Oh well, yes you are right about not sitting around waiting for it. I'm going back in February so I'll see then where I am at.