Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
newmemberr

My acne story, what is happening to my life

Okay so basically in 17 years of living I have never had acne. I got my period when I was 12 I didn't start getting pimples till I was 15 and I would only get one cystic pimple at the same time as my period. These pimples we're big but. Besides one pimple my face would be clear and I didn't get them every month so it wasn't a big deal. The start of junior year (I'm a junior rn) about two weeks in I noticed two huge cystic pimples on the top of my forehead and I was freaking out cuz I never had more then one usually. This year has been the worst year ever I have had so much drama with my friends and so much school work so I thought it was because of stress. The next weekend after while I still had the pimples on my forehead I went to this huge party blacked out threw up a bunch and was in bad shape also I wore this headband strapped around my forehead cuz it was a themed party and looking back the head band prob has so much oil and chemicals( I will post a pic) I'm not sure if that's what caused my skin to look absolutely terrible and have breakouts all over my forehead.but I feel like if that was the cause my breakouts would have stopped by now, because that party was a month ago. i kept using spot treatment from cvs but then I eventually broke out all over my forehead like so bad, this has been happening for about two months but there was one week in between were I got my forehead back to normal but then it just went straight back to breakouts. i just went to the dermo and got prescribed doxy and retin a but I'm just so confused about what happened to my skin. I am currently looking at pictures of my skin this summer and about to cry. Never in my life did I dream of my skin being this bad, do you guys think this breakouts will go away or will I just continue to have acne ? I thought if I got my period at 12 and haven't had acne until now then it would just go away because I have had three really bad breakouts in my whole life none of those were nearly as bad or long as the one I am having right now. But do any of you guys have any ideas of what you think might of caused my acne 

this is the headband that i think might have had alot of oils and chemicals that maybe screwed up my skin and a picture of what my forehead used to look like and what it looks like now 

Screen Shot 2015-10-28 at 7.03.30 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-10-28 at 7.08.03 PM.pngScreen_Shot_2015-10-28_at_7.05.58_PM.thu

Edited by newmemberr

This is completely normal, to just start getting acne. I don't know the particular reason but I think you mentioned that you used the headband to cover the cyst? I think that might have irritated it and caused more. More irritation= more acne. Less irritation= less acne. 

Edited by oyinkan98