Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
timetra-vel

Aubra birth control for acne

So I recently went to planned parenthood and went to get birth control for my hormonal acne. I asked for Ortho Cyclen but apparently they don't carry that and so the doctor gave me aubra. She didn't listen to me too well but I told her I was coming in to treat my acne with birth control not to use it as a method to prevent pregnancy but anyways. I wanted to hear any experiences with aubra and acne, I read some that scared the living shit out of me and others said it worked for them but there wasn't too much online about aubra so I don't know. I get acne all over my cheeks, jawline, chin and this never happened until I was late into my 18 years. I was hoping to hear some good results from this brand, especially since I got 3 months worth.

I was taking a continuous dosing of Yaz for the past 6 years due to my anemia.  However my obgyn no longer takes my insurance so I ended up going to planned parenthood.  After talking with me about my age (41) and my medical conditions (Lupus, hpb, anemia, and mild acne) they advised me that if I stayed on Yaz my risk of having a stroke is extremely high.  The Dr put me on Aubra, she said it has a better version of progesterone and since it has the same type and level of estrogen as Yaz I shouldn't have any issues.  I also asked about acne and she told me that it's the ESTROGEN not the PROGESTERONE in the bc that can cause it.  Plus my body is so used to being on the low dose and taking it continuously for 6 yrs that the switch will hardly be noticeable.  I start my first pack on Sunday and am not anticipating any issues.  I would love to hear from you on how you've done these past few months on it, that is if you are still taking it. 

On 5/21/2016 at 9:03 AM, JoJo41 said:

I was taking a continuous dosing of Yaz for the past 6 years due to my anemia.  However my obgyn no longer takes my insurance so I ended up going to planned parenthood.  After talking with me about my age (41) and my medical conditions (Lupus, hpb, anemia, and mild acne) they advised me that if I stayed on Yaz my risk of having a stroke is extremely high.  The Dr put me on Aubra, she said it has a better version of progesterone and since it has the same type and level of estrogen as Yaz I shouldn't have any issues.  I also asked about acne and she told me that it's the ESTROGEN not the PROGESTERONE in the bc that can cause it.  Plus my body is so used to being on the low dose and taking it continuously for 6 yrs that the switch will hardly be noticeable.  I start my first pack on Sunday and am not anticipating any issues.  I would love to hear from you on how you've done these past few months on it, that is if you are still taking it. 

Would love to hear an update on this. I'm thinking about switching to Aubra after 4 years on Yaz.