Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scrcs

Continue with Epiduo or switch back to Ziana?

I am a 22 year old male. I have always had acne on and off and have used about every prescription cream and pill over the years. About 4 months ago, my face was extremely clear. I was using Veltin at night and clindamycin/benzoyl peroxide in the morning. I decided to stop using the creams in hope that I had outgrown my hormonal acne. This was not the case and within 2 months my face was breaking out bad. I started back up on the Veltin and after a few weeks no results so I started using epiduo which I had lying around from one of my previous prescriptions. I used epiduo for about a month and finally went to see my Dermo. She put me on Ziana at night and Onexton in the morning. For the next month my face broke out really bad. Since I didn't think this was working, I scheduled another appt. However, for the last few days leading up to my appt I started getting some results. I never told my Dermo about this small improvement. Hoping for a better product, she put me on Epiduo Forte at night, still Onexton in the morning. It has now been 3 weeks on forte and my face has not improved at all since that improvement experienced right before my appt. I feel it might have even gotten worse. My question is, should I continue with the Epiduo Forte, or switch back to the Ziana?

I know I did it all wrong and should have given the Ziana more time to work in the first place. I just got very impatient as it is affecting my life in a serious way and I just want to be clear again. Will going back to the Ziana affect me at all in a negative way? Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.