Notifications
Clear all

Acne scar near mouth

MemberMember
(@scarsmiles)

Posted : 10/27/2015 9:50 pm

image.thumb.jpg.a480da703ff510293d2ec38cimage.thumb.jpg.887f563a3d86d48e718a86b7I have this scar near my mouth and it looks more noticeable when i smile. It makes me very insecure about my appearance. I think i got it from deep acne, and my dumbAss thought it would be ok to scrub it real hard to get rid of it. Please help inform me whats the best steps to take to get rid of it :/ much appreciated. 

orangez liked
MemberMember
(@scarsmiles)

Posted : 10/29/2015 11:44 am

Bump

MemberMember
(@fork889)

Posted : 10/29/2015 10:32 pm

I feel like subcision would probably help you nicely.

MemberMember
(@scarsmiles)

Posted : 11/07/2015 4:52 pm

Thanks for the replys it's very much appreciated.

MemberMember
(@scarredemon)

Posted : 11/10/2015 11:41 am

That linear depression resembles of nasolabial fold. Subcision would help to free any tethering structure. Also, combine it with fillers for better results.
Do update us with your progress and all the best!

Regards,
scarredemon

MemberMember
(@scarsmiles)

Posted : 11/12/2015 2:50 pm

Thanks for replying! Will do, I'm getting set up with a appointment with a dermatologist to hopefully get a subcision. I Will post the results.

MemberMember
(@dermarolling-girl)

Posted : 11/13/2015 10:34 pm

I was thinking subcision too but I hear it works best if you suction the area too. I'm not familiar with the process so not going to give advice on that. Do a search on here...lots of info on here about subcision and suctioning.

MemberMember
(@scarsmiles)

Posted : 12/28/2015 4:40 pm

Ok everyone I just had my subcision today by dr Ramsey Marcus. He pushed lazer quite hard but I refused. He went ahead with the treatment right away. First he numbed the area nicely. Then he started the subscison. He went at different angles with the needle. I didn't hear any untethering sounds but that maby because he was talking. After the procedure he scrubed the area with some alcohol. I also barely had, if any, swelling. I appreciate everyones thoughts and comments. This is the picture about 4 hours after surgery. Same lighting I suppose. It cost a total of 150$ witch isn't to bad. And It took him less than 10 minutes. 

image.jpeg

MemberMember
(@scarsmiles)

Posted : 01/03/2016 11:40 am

Any replys will be very helpful.Also I will like to add I can see the tiny pin pricks scarswere he inserted the needle idk if that's normal but there pretty small. I also think he used a regular syringe typeneedle... I'm a bit worried. Please help

MemberMember
(@ommmmmm)

Posted : 01/03/2016 9:06 pm

Looks like you got great improvement in your scar! Congrats!If you needanother subcision later on next time try adding suctioning at home. I think the tiny pin prick scars will heal and fade. It just takes some time and patience.I wouldn't worry too much about them. Maybe a smaller needle like a 23or24gauge hypodermic needle would work equally welland make smaller entry marks.Applying retinoids like retin-a micro or tazorac wouldhelp speed the healing process. Dermastamping pluslight TCA peels (10-15%)wouldalso help blend if needed.

MemberMember
(@scarsmiles)

Posted : 01/05/2016 6:08 pm

On January 3, 2016 at 814 PM, Ommmmmm said:

Looks like you got great improvement in your scar! Congrats!If you needanother subcision later on next time try adding suctioning at home. I think the tiny pin prick scars will heal and fade. It just takes some time and patience.I wouldn't worry too much about them. Maybe a smaller needle like a 23or24gauge hypodermic needle would work equally welland make smaller entry marks.Applying retinoids like retin-a micro or tazorac wouldhelp speed the healing process. Dermastamping pluslight TCA peels (10-15%)wouldalso help blend if needed.

Thank you very much for the comforting words, I guess time will tell. I appreciate the the info and will definitely look into the retina micro

MemberMember
(@scarsmiles)

Posted : 01/20/2016 6:07 pm

I now have some kind of line scar from the surgery. Idk if this is normal but it kind of made my scar look better

MemberMember
(@scarsmiles)

Posted : 01/26/2016 5:12 pm

I officially think dr Ramsey Markus made my acne scar worse than it was befor. I do not recommend this dermatologist

MemberMember
(@scarsmiles)

Posted : 01/09/2017 11:29 pm

Here's my after. What do you guys think? I think it's much more noticeable. Welp I'll just hope it'll fade naturally 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/10/2017 4:00 am

You need to do subcision with filler or it will re-tether as it has in your case. This is why we put filler in the pocket between the scar and the tethers or they reconnect. When the filler dissolves, collagen has replaced it in between. If that is too expensive (it's the best method), you can do vacuum after subcision. The results are variable. Please see the below FAQ link in my signature and goto subcision for more info

MemberMember
(@scarsmiles)

Posted : 01/10/2017 9:30 am

Thanks for the reply!Well what do I do now? Maby dermaroller?I feel as if i can fade thebottom part of the scar and leave the deeper part alone it won't look to bad.I don't want to get another subcision and it create more problems.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/11/2017 1:55 am

Alternating Derminator / Dermaroller and TCA peels (per month when it heals) will soften it but not fill it in most likely, give that a try.

MemberMember
(@maggiepye)

Posted : 04/03/2020 10:23 pm

Hi Scarmiles,

I know this is a couple of years after your post but hoping youve had some good results with your scar. I have the EXACTsame acne scarring and its made me so self conscious over the years. Two years ago Ihad a dermatologist do some light subcision and then inject Belotero silk filler into it. Its made a huge difference. I need to have a little touch up every 6-8 months and it costs around $175 but to me its worth it and I find even when the filler wears off, the scar is still better looking than it was! So just offering a positive and youre not alone with these dumb smile scars...totally annoying place to haveone I know!

cheers!