Notifications
Clear all

Will acne ever go away?

MemberMember
(@nightlights)

Posted : 10/27/2015 8:57 pm

Hi, I'm new to this community and I'd like to know if acne ever go away, I just want to share my story because lately I've been more self-conscious about my acne. My mom thinks I over react and tells me to put lemon or chamomille on my face; I try my best to control this! I'm not over reacting! I hate that whenever I wake up, I have a new pimple.

So, I've had acne since the age of 10, yes, 10! And it had nothing to do with my period. My acne is not mild but also not severe.
I'm 20 now and over the years I've gone to doctors throughout the years, been through several treatments but nothing ever truly works. My diet does not affect my acne, I try to be healthy but even when my diet was not the best, my acne was the same.

There was this oral treatment that worked for a while but nothing really lasting or amazing, I've been taking it again but it's not effective anymore.
I don't know what to do!
My parents had acne but only during their teenage years and not severe.

my sister has the most baby-smooth and even skin, I wish I had her skin.

MemberMember
(@maryhursey1234)

Posted : 10/28/2015 1:36 pm

Don't worry, you are definitely not alone. Tons of people struggle with that and the amount of successful stories about acne removal is astonishing. Yes, it does go away. On it's own? Yes and no. Depending on the severity. If it's deep cystic acne, definitely consider seeing a derm unless you want to wait a long time for your body to fight it on its own. I know it's tough and really emotionally scarring because of the insecurity, but often we are our toughest critiques. I can assure you that no one pays that much attention to your flaws but you! Smile and stop worrying about it. If it bothers you that much, see a derm and discuss your options. Drink lots of water. The whole lemon thing: I personally wouldn't use lemon on my face as I've heard about bad experiences. And again, don't worry. Read online about success stories and see which one best matches your condition and try it out. Also: ive been using clean and clear blackhead removal astrigent sacilyic acid treatmemt for years and its really helpful at making your skin smooth and blemish free. However i wouldnt use it if you have semsitive/dry skin. I wish you the best of luck :)

MemberMember
(@maryhursey1234)

Posted : 11/07/2015 1:23 pm

Sorry for the late reply.. But if people do bother you about it, they're just extremely rude. Time will heal most of it, promise! And if you have minimum patience like me, try to talk to someone that could help you. Tell your mom about how much it truly bothers you. Sometimes talking with someone makes you feel like you aren't fighting it alone. Convince them to take you to a derm if you really have no other solution. Don't let it get to you. You deserve to be happy and remind yourself that a year, 2, or even 5 later, this won't matter! :) 

MemberMember
(@clearskinavenger)

Posted : 11/08/2015 11:37 pm

Honestly I use to have the same mentality that things won't get better oh god was I delusional. It definitely does get better with time I use to have very severe acne in high school and was always so self conscious about it but trust me it definitely does get better just stay positive and stay clear of dairy gave me horrible breakouts.

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 11/08/2015 11:53 pm

Acne never goes away, but you can prevent it. There is no "cure"