Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Owl_

Accutane or regimen?

Hello everyone,

I will get prescribed Accutane soon and to be frank I'm quite scared. I've tried using tropicals such as retinA and benzoyl but nothing worked for me. I even used the doxycycline antibiotics. I've had acne for 2-3 years, wasn't as bad before but now it's bad. When I went to the dermatologist today for a follow up she said "I believe that I should start you on accutane". The only thing I haven't tried yet is the Acne.org regimen, and I've been wondering should I start on accutane or try the regimen? But the think is they both take a long time to work and I don't want to waste anymore time. I really want to do accutane since it shows long remission in acne, but Accutane's side effects scare me quite a lot. I guess my question to you guys is this, how many of you are on accutane right now and how is it going. And besides the dryness, flaking and joint pain. Have you noticed anything else like hair loss? Please do let me know.

Best Regards
Mike