Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
buflo

Question About Cystic Acne/Acne Severity

Hi,
So I just got back from a dermatologist, who told me I have cysts on my face. I would take pictures, but I only have a poor macbook camera and a phone camera, both of which do not pick up detail and accentuate pink colors (which can make my skin look far worse than it really is, imo). 
Basically, my acne almost always comes as papules/pastules with white heads, however sometimes I get red bumps that take a little while to come to a head. However, these red bumps are literally never painful unless I really aggravate them, and I can never feel a hard "bump" under the skin; they're just inflamed bumps on the skin, but as far as tough, hard masses being under the skin, this is pretty much absent. These hard bumps will ALWAYS come to a head, it may just take a few days or a week or so. Even if they do not come to a head, I can pop them and I receive a hard, thin center, sort of like a little white/ yellow rod. There is never just pure fluid (i.e. I never have to "drain" them). I was wondering if something that does pop and yield a small "root" or center can be considered cystic, insofar as removing this center always causes the pimple to go away.