Notifications
Clear all

Will hair loss stop from accutane?

MemberMember
(@arianag)

Posted : 10/27/2015 3:26 pm

I am 15 years old and was put on 20mg of accutane a day and stopped after 5 days of using it because hair loss occurred. It's been 2 months since I stopped accutane and my hair and eyebrows have significantly thinned out. Will this eventually stop? I am worried this is permanent. Anyone else experience this?

MemberMember
(@montanaskigirl)

Posted : 12/19/2015 6:20 pm

I took it for 1.5 years and lost most of my hair. You are someone that has the side effect and I would strongly consider stopping it.

MemberMember
(@troystory)

Posted : 11/30/2016 11:42 pm

get a colon cleanse!!!! The same thing happened to me and it was because the accutane was still stuck in my colon and disrupting everything. Also, take Himalaya liver cleanse vitamins, they are the best to clear out the rest of the accutane still stuck in your liver. Lastly, it is very common to become anemic because of an accutane trial and this can lead to further hair thinning, so try to take some supplements with iron. These steps completely stopped my hair loss and my hair slowly but surely came back to the thickness it was before accutane. Also take some biotin, this will help the hair growth. TRUST ME, do these things and your hair will go back :)