Notifications
Clear all

Has anyone taken below normal cumulative dose of accutane and not had acne come back?

MemberMember
(@pastelbun22)

Posted : 10/26/2015 11:47 pm

I've been off accutane for a week and a half now. I was on 40 mg a day over 6 months, but i skipped some days. I took a little over 105 mg per kg cumulative dose. I was aiming higher but i was having facial flsuhing issues. My derm said i was way more sensitive to the medicine than others, and my skin was drier and redder. I was clear by the end of month one even though i had a lot of body and face acne and blackheads. I think i was lucky it cleared so fast. Besides i got 6 more bumps until month 3 or 4 i guess. But that's it. I have already gotten two pimples that were more under the skin. They went away within a couple days but i know i didn't take what is recommended (120 to 150 mg per kg cumilative dose). So im worried a lot. Acne caused me to have severe mental illnesses to the point i was in a very very dysfuntional, bad place, so i really can't have it come back. So i just want to see if anyone else has taken less and had great results?

MemberMember
(@andrei11)

Posted : 10/27/2015 11:35 am

Started Roaccutane today and I'm having the same question. I specifically asked my derm about the cumulative dosage and she said I won't need to hit 120mg/kg because my acne is not moderate to severe anymore. She said I'll have to hit about 66%-70% of the 120mg/kg cumulative dosage. Also, I read about about people on reddit who didn't reach the cumulative dosage and did fine. I guess is really dependable on how bad the acne is and how your body reacts to the medicine.

MemberMember
(@pastelbun22)

Posted : 10/28/2015 12:21 am

Started Roaccutane today and I'm having the same question. I specifically asked my derm about the cumulative dosage and she said I won't need to hit 120mg/kg because my acne is not moderate to severe anymore. She said I'll have to hit about 66%-70% of the 120mg/kg cumulative dosage. Also, I read about about people on reddit who didn't reach the cumulative dosage and did fine. I guess is really dependable on how bad the acne is and how your body reacts to the medicine.

Thank you for commenting. Ive seen a few people who have taken below, but they are hard to find. I'm glad to read that you have found others. And good luck on accutane ^

MemberMember
(@andrei11)

Posted : 10/28/2015 1:55 am

thanks gl to you too

MemberMember
(@andrei11)

Posted : 10/28/2015 10:33 am

just read this article and is really good

http://www.bpac.org.nz/BPJ/2013/November/acne.aspx