Notifications
Clear all

Back To My Roots

MemberMember
(@soopersam)

Posted : 10/26/2015 9:10 am

Hey guys,
so i used to be on the regimen back in high school and i was always clear... In college i had a massive breakout (worst ever) and I wasn't on the regimen. Tried to get back on it... dunno if I took it seriously, but it didn't work.

So, went to my derm, got retin a, 5% BP, and doxy... was super clear again. Weened off doxy and retin a and I was still clear, didn't wanna be on BP anymore like an idiot, so i got off that, and now I'm breaking out again, just around my chin and occasionally on my cheek though.

So I decided to go to my derm for 5%, stayed on that for 4 days, was chemically burning myself with it and I am impatient, so I'm back on the Regimen. Since I was on 5% for 4 days, I just started twice a day 2.5% BP at the lowest amount, and I'm on day 6.

My Regimen:

Morning and Night:
-Basis Bar Sensitive Skin Cleanser
-Dan's 2.5% Treatment
-Cerave/Cetaphil Moisturizer (with jojoba if I need it)

PROGRESS:

Day 6: All I see are whiteheads... I pop them the correct way with a needle, but they keep coming back in the same spot, while at the same time, new ones pop up... ugh. Hoping that this is just the purge in week 2 coming out early :/ In conclusion, my face is definitely worse than when I started, but I'm hoping it's just cause I'm starting out and everything is getting used to things.

Day 8: Decreased application to once a day. What do you know, Dan actually knows what he's talking about ;). Was experiencing an insane amount of burning on my face for longer than I should have. After I decreased to once a day, no more burning, just dryness and flakiness, but that's fixed with some moisturizer. My skin has definitely improved in the short time i've been on the regimen.
I now only have 1 or 2 whiteheads, they all dried up and disappeared rather quickly.More acne is still forming, but that's to be expected (I think) this early in the regimen. The important thing is to focus on the positives, not the negatives.Will probably up my application to twice a day on like Day 12 or 13. I really just wanna go back up to twice a day, but I need to be patient.

MemberMember
(@soopersam)

Posted : 11/03/2015 1:23 pm

Hey so I'm feeling a bit discouraged today. Ido a lot of research and see a lot of people talking negatively about this regimen, and it gets me down, but it's worked for me in the past so I just need to be patient. Writing about my progress helps.

Day 13 (Start of Week 2): After decreasing my application to once a day, my face became way less irritated and became accustomed barely getting dry or burning after BP application. So, after 5 days of my skin reacting well to BP, i decided to up the dosage to twice a day. I'm still using the top of the index finger length (starting amount), and after the first day of upped dosage, I've already noticed increased irritation. I know this is to be expected so instead of going back down, I'm just gonna keep going with it until my face gets used to it.

I'm still getting acne, but most are whiteheads which i guess is good cuz by the next day they're usually gone, however they are pretty unsightly... My left cheek has cleared up. My left chin is clearing up but theres a stubborn white head that keeps coming back. My right cheek was clearing up but two new whiteheads just formed. My right chin has always been the worse and it only has about 2 active whiteheads. the rest are just marks or acne bumps that haven't healed.

Overall, I've had more positives than negatives. Hoping the purging period already happened and I don't have to deal with that this weak.

MemberMember
(@nurulain92)

Posted : 11/03/2015 1:43 pm

Hi im malaysia people.
how can i get this product
What procedures need i take
sorry my bad english

MemberMember
(@glhf)

Posted : 11/05/2015 8:05 am

Hi im malaysia people.
sorry my bad english

Use www.ebay.com or www.ebay.co.uk
BTW It's "I'm Malaysian", not malasya people :D

MemberMember
(@soopersam)

Posted : 11/07/2015 8:37 am

Day 17: Nearing the end of week 2, and I definitely am purging I think... All the acne that was starting to go away came back and is now more annoying than ever. I'm hoping that this third week starts yielding more positive results. Will check in soon.

MemberMember
(@nurulain92)

Posted : 11/09/2015 3:05 pm

Hi im malaysia people.
sorry my bad english

ohhh like that. Hmm like i told already that my english so weak.

Thanks for the link that you give to me.

I have tried to survey the product that can solve acne on my face. Then they suggested me the paula's choice. Is it okay. Is it good?

Because only this product can i get in malaysia.

Huhuhu. Very tired to spell english :D

MemberMember
(@glhf)

Posted : 11/10/2015 11:16 am

Hi im malaysia people.
sorry my bad english

ohhh like that. Hmm like i told already that my english so weak.

Thanks for the link that you give to me.

I have tried to survey the product that can solve acne on my face. Then they suggested me the paula's choice. Is it okay. Is it good?

Because only this product can i get in malaysia.

Huhuhu. Very tired to spell english :D

I don't know this product :c

MemberMember
(@soopersam)

Posted : 11/16/2015 1:59 pm

Start of Week 4: So, i'm excited cause im starting week 4, and week 4-5 is when you should start seeing improvement. Anyway, at the middle of week 3, all the acne and whiteheads that were appearing to disappear came back with a vengence. I swear, like the whiteheads come back in the same exact spot every time and it's so annoying cuz ive had the same whiteheads in the same spot for like 3 weeks. Anyway, Week 3 was bad, however i hardly flake at all anymore which is good news. Anyway, starting week 4 today. No burning whatsoever when i put on the final amount of BP, a little dryness but not bad at all. I'm hoping that this week, the regimen starts to kick in... I'll keep updating until i'm clear... Also, something to notice, my left side of my face only has 1 super small whitehead you cant even see which is positive progress but my left side is just a mess...