Notifications
Clear all

Closed comedones

MemberMember
(@amy112233112233)

Posted : 10/26/2015 5:48 am

i have closed comedones all over my face and scars. Does any one know a product to get rid of these. Preferablly cheap products. Please school starts in a week and i would like my skin to be clear/improved!! Thanks.

MemberMember
(@dittus)

Posted : 10/26/2015 3:49 pm

With closed comedones is you have to "unplug" the pores and that you can only do with chemical exfoliants.Closed comedones is the type of acne I used to have, andI don't want to sound very negative but I don't think anything is going to make it clear up completely in a week.

You can definitely get products that will improve it, but they usually takes some time. The only thing that ever worked for me was Retin-A, which is unfortunately not OTC, so you'd need to go to the doctor or the dermatologist and get it prescribed. After that though, it's not expensive if you have insurance, it's like 10-15 bucks.

For some people salicylic acid, or glycolic acidworks too but those did nothing for me. They are OTC though, so you could try.
(For me personally, scrubs and BP made it worse and my acne wasn't bad enough where my doc felt like I needed epi or other strong prescription stuff.)