Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ugk

Question for those who are/have on/been on Retin A

if you have ever been on retin a micro, or are taking it now, how long did it take to see results?

If you quit and are no longer taking it, why? How long did you wait to quit?

thanks a lot.

if you have ever been on retin a micro, or are taking it now, how long did it take to see results?

thanks a lot.

I'm on it right, at about 3 1/2 weeks and am starting to see some results. My acne was pretty well controlled with just minocycline and a tan, heh. But I wanted to be completely so I made the hop to it. I think it can take up to 6 weeks till you start to see some results with full at 12. My face is still has some redness and such but has really calmed down. I've heard some people getting very nice results from this stuff so I'm going to stick with it till 12 weeks. www.retinamicro.com has a bunch of the FAQ and such, but it's been down lately for some reason, but when it's back up...

I'm on it right, at about 3 1/2 weeks and am starting to see some results.  My acne was pretty well controlled with just minocycline and a tan, heh.  But I wanted to be completely so I made the hop to it.  I think it can take up to 6 weeks till you start to see some results with full at 12.  My face is still has some redness and such but has really calmed down.  I've heard some people getting very nice results from this stuff so I'm going to stick with it till 12 weeks.  www.retinamicro.com has a bunch of the FAQ and such, but it's been down lately for some reason, but when it's back up...

is it leaving you with any scarring or such?

ive been using it for two and a half months, and the beginning of the second month is when it just started clearing up. i'm also taking doxycycline, an antibiotic. i'm most of the way clear now, i'd say 85% or so... its also helping leftover red marks fade.

the initial breakout was rough for me but it's worth it, so far it's working well.

i wonder if the people who say how retin-a works so horribly just haven't stuck with it... you gotta give it time :\.

i went on it for 2 days, and i looked like a lobster. I had skin inches long dangling off my face at different times of the day. Me and retin a are not friends. benzaclin + sa wash 2x daily with a course of antibiodics has gotten me 95-99% clear.

thanks a lot.

i was on it for 6 ot 7 months. i just made my acne worse and my skin VERY oily. thats why i finally told my derm enough was enough and went on accutane. i love accutane!

hey there--i have been on retin a for 8 weeks now. i have seen very very little results. i am also taking doxycyclin along with the retin a. i am going to go see the derm for the first time tomorrow and am anxious to hear what he has to say. The retin a does not heal scars for me, and i think that is one of my main problems now.

i hope the stuff works for you...cause it's not workin for me!

--mf01