Notifications
Clear all

Tetracycline not working 7 weeks in...

MemberMember
(@katy22)

Posted : 10/25/2015 5:28 pm

I have been on tetracycline for 7 weeks. during the first week, my skin was amazing. now however it seems to be the same as it was before and gets worse with the days.I am so sick of this. when should i expect for it to work? I am seriously thinking of giving up.

MemberMember
(@acnehardcase)

Posted : 10/25/2015 5:49 pm

How bad is your acne?
Are you using topical treatments?

MemberMember
(@katy22)

Posted : 10/25/2015 7:01 pm

How bad is your acne?
Are you using topical treatments?

it's mostly on mycheeks and it's not severeenough for accutane. I've been using BP for a few years now and it reallydoesn't even help. i alsodon't eat dairy anymore.

MemberMember
(@acnehardcase)

Posted : 10/25/2015 11:28 pm

Antibiotics usually don't work overnight so I think your clearance may have been coincidental. Don't worry about dairy. I think that the diet thing is a myth. Benzoyl peroxide does work despite your lack of improvement. It kills the bacteria and drys your skin so don't give up on it. Btw the bp wash is better than the lotion. You should also try topical retinoids to unclog your pores.. Tretinoin, adapelene, tazarotene are all very effective, and the side effects are manageable. Tetracycline can help reduce the inflammation but it isn't a cure. Antibiotics do serve a purpose but if you don't need them then they aren't worth it. If you're acne is scarring then you definitely need it.