Notifications
Clear all

Just had prp/dermapen/subscision/tca cross done. Look like a chipmunk!

MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 10/25/2015 6:52 am

Hi,

so I've been furiously searching the internet for anyone with similar chipmunk-y face after having done this procedure. I can't find much. So, I thought I would share. For everyone (if any) that will go through the same thing!

It all started with me actually coming to terms with my scars, and just deciding that I could just live with them. Then I saw a doctor who felt sorry for me, and then my sister telling me that no one would ever think of my as traditionally beautiful (her exact words were that the norm would never consider me beautiful). And, no she wasn't trying to be cruel, that is apparently just what she thinks. He had an opening a few days later so I just loosely agreed to just do it.

I will go through the whole ordeal so you can prepare. It was painful and excruciatingly uncomfortable. I was terrified that something would go wrong. And if I had know I don't think I would have done it. That is not to say that the doctor was bad, he was really good and professional. I was just terrified because the procedure is fairly invasive and I have super sensitive skin. Also pretty terrified of the nodules that some people get after subcision. Also, heard of someone loosing a lot of fat which also sounds pretty bad. 

They started with spreading this numbing cream all over my face and then some plastic thing to keep it in place. I looked nuts, but so did like everyone else so who cares? I have eczema around eyes so that made it itch so I had to keep taking it off in certain places. I waited for like an hour and then they took my blood (for prp). I was waiting around a lot (the part that I didn't mind). I was seriously having second thoughts by now. The nurse told me to lie down on this surgery table/stool you know the kind. The doctor comes out with like 20 of these thin needles filled with blood (I assumed mine). I am fairly nauseous by now. But I don't wanna be a pussy, so I just bit down and told myself to just endure it. He inserted blood into ALL my scars which hurt like a bitch. I was writhing and trashing while this was going on. I just hadn't prepared that this would even happen to be honest. The blood is everywhere you can imagine. Then afterwards he takes up this derma pen (that has like a mechanical hum to it) and press it down on my skin and have it go back and forth very fast. This hurts the worst on bony areas. Although it wasn't that bad to be honest. They had forgot numbing cream on some parts so yeah those parts hurt a bit. Afterwards I had some ice packs. By this time my face was so hot. It was pounding like crazy. Remember that I told you that I hadn't mentally prepared for this? I had just loosely agreed to just try it out. So, by this time I'm like I want to go home. Fuck this. This is not worth it. Who is to even say that I will have all that much improvement? Some people say like 10% which just isn't good enough for this. BUT, like I said I just didn't want to be a pussy. So, as I sit there (or lie) watching him prepare needles for the subcision part there is a war in my head (Should I, should I not?). But, indecision makes me stay. He puts local anesthesia like you get at the dentist but a whole lot more. Yes your whole face turns numb. My mouth could not move and looked nuts for hours afterwards. The sides of my mouth kept turning down and only half my mouth could move when speaking. Subcision was the worst part, not pain-wise (although it was painful) but it was too uncomfortable to describe. It was like they were sawing somewhere on my skin, he kept pulling and sawing. This is where I panic enough that I start crying. Poor doctor, he is just doing his job. But I just got panicked, what is this, what am I doing to myself??? Anyways, he couldn't finish them all I think because I was just not in a very good state, although he probably did like 8-10 scars. After this he said you need to press really hard now on the areas where I subcided so they won't develop nodules. So, pressed with all I had! I pressed so much! I do not want nodules on top of this! Fuck no. There was so much blood on the paper towels that I pressed with. My arms hurt by the time he came back to do the TCA cross. By then I had decided that I would not get TCA cross on the areas where I couldn't hide behind my hair. So he only did TCA cross on the sides of my face. Whooho for actually making my first vocal decision. It burns really bad, at least on my skin. This freaked me out, but he did quite a few. Did not even know I had this many scars to begin with. Oh well.

After all this was done I was just lying there watching the ceiling wondering how the fuck I am going to be able to travel home like this. I live in another city so I had to go on a train for 2+ hours after this. I really thought my face was oozing blood by now and I had fleshy wounds all over my skin (this is what it felt like). My face was also numb so I had a hard time speaking. My mouth felt super weird. It did not look as bad as it felt. I'll show you a picture below. The nurse was laughing a little bit at my horrified look, she told me a lot of people have done this and I will be fine. In the reception, I was slurring with half my mouth being completely numb if this was this bad how bad is laser? I They were like this is probably the most painful thing you can have done, what you just did. Did not know that. I also asked if I'm the only one who has cried and the doc was like no, but mostly all men cry while women have a higher threshold of pain. Interesting! (Not for me though bummer). 

So, this was my scars before (taken months ago though) they look okay here but they look way worse in harsh lighting and in the evening (mornings are always great)! 
unnamed-7.thumb.jpg.fd4755c6c4a146fbcd6eunnamed-6.thumb.jpg.ad1134a204ef937d22ac

What I am concerned about is the fact that the swelling has not gone down yet! It has been 24 hours now!! If anything it looks worse now. I look fucking terrible! Why do we have to go through so much pain??? It hurrrrts!!!! (These pictures does not do it justice, it looks like I have two BIG apples inside my cheeks). 

chipmunk2.thumb.jpg.f32dd3fa91f763b435fbchipmun3.thumb.jpg.c279c1d9a6a4132e1f6d0

MemberMember
(@roman95)

Posted : 10/25/2015 11:30 pm

Hope you recover well,  sounds like a good approach for your acne scarring who is your doctor if you don't mind me asking ? And thanks for sharing your experience, you're doing great.. you're very brave and beautiful with nice bone structure :)

MemberMember
(@d00little)

Posted : 10/25/2015 11:49 pm

Wow, it sounds like you went through almost every acne scar treatment (sans laser) at once.

I can't tell you if that is normal or not, but I know that for plastic surgery the swelling peaks in days 2 and 3. Hopefully you start to get better in a day or two.

MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 10/26/2015 4:51 am

Thank you! My doctor was Dr. Chu.

Yeah today the swelling is still there but now I'm also starting to flake on my cheeks where there was most work done. Does anyone know if this is normal? They are crusting too. My cheeks also hurt quite badly and scar tissue underneath is a little bumpy and hard (no clear nodules yet). The TCA cross spots are starting to become yellow, but I think they are suppose to go black? Oh well, might not be there yet. I'm also red everywhere still from the dermapen and my eczema around my eyes is flaring. You can imagine what I look like. I also live with 7 roommates who haven't seen me since I got back, I just want to wait until I look a little bit normal. :/

I'm using vaseline and red light therapy. Does anyone know if I should start using topicals yet? I use Adapalene (differin) occasionally. Also, I did have one small active pimple (papule) when I went in on my forehead, should I ask for antibiotics? How many were put on antibiotics afterwards? I do still breakout occasionally so I guess I'm still 'acne prone.' I really don't want any big breakouts. I did tell him about it though and he said it was fine.

I actually have to go back in three months and redo this because he did not do it all (my request), but I want to see how this turns out first though. Still in the 'oh my god what did I do' state which I hope will pass at least in a week or two.

MemberMember
(@utmostgeese)

Posted : 10/26/2015 7:27 am

It sounds like you've had some great treatments done, I will be seeing professor chu myself soon. Hope the swelling goes down soon and you have awesome results! Keep us updated!

MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 10/26/2015 8:29 am

It sounds like you've had some great treatments done, I will be seeing professor chu myself soon. Hope the swelling goes down soon and you have awesome results! Keep us updated!

Thanks! I hope so too. Boohoo, the recovery time sucks. Good luck, and let me know how it goes!

MemberMember
(@utmostgeese)

Posted : 10/26/2015 11:27 am

Thanks! I hope so too. Boohoo, the recovery time sucks. Good luck, and let me know how it goes!

thank you, my consultation is still a month away, I will keep you updated 🙂

il90 liked
MemberMember
(@sixfeetunder)

Posted : 10/27/2015 11:48 am

I had the same 3 procedures done by the same doctor last week (dermapen, TCA cross and subcision - I've undergone the first two before, but not the subcision). I'd say that after 3 days the swelling from subcision had gone down (I'm glad I'm not the only one a little freaked out by the chipmunk appearance it gave me! I also had the nurse push down on the swelling immediately afterwards so hard that I thought my teeth were probably going to break out of my face... I hadn't really expected it to be so brutal). The redness from dermapen, for me, is usually coverable around 4-5 days post-treatment, but the scabs left by TCA cross take much longer to heal. Usually I book one week off work to recover, but this time around I think it will be more like 9-10 days before the scabs (bigger than ever before after TCA cross this time around, for some reason) naturally fall off and I can cover the remainder of the marks (or try to at least) with makeup.

One thing that always depresses me a little bit about having this procedure done is that aside from the TCA cross scabbing, my skin tone and texture is always so much better for about a week (it feels much more 'stable' if that make sense - no greasiness and quite clear looking despite redness). But then, just as the scabs start to minimise, the tone and texture starts going back to blotchy and horrible again. If only it would last! I also get quite flaky around day 3-6, which I think is quite a common thing to experience. So I wouldn't worry about that.

Good luck with your recovery!

MemberMember
(@sts54)

Posted : 10/27/2015 12:31 pm

I will be following your posts so please keep us updated. I just didan 80% tca on a few spots too but they didn't scab so far and it's been a few days. I've been putting on Neosporin. they looked bad the second day but now they seem tolook a littlesmaller, hoping a few times will bring the skin up to a higher level than how deep they were before. I've been needling too for a while and it does help, I wanted to try the prp and subcision so I can't wait to hear what you think but I need some filler for some of my dents. I had laser and it melted my fat. Wishing you lots of luck and hope you heal quickly I also started doing saline injections so we'll see how that goes too. if I see an improvement i'll let you know. I do it myself with 30g needles and saline you can get on the internet

MemberMember
(@jes7)

Posted : 10/27/2015 4:14 pm

Hi il90, I've been through a similar experience with Dr. Chu (more than once). Your post definitely made me laugh; you sound very humorous!

You'll look completely normal within a week; however the areas treated with TCA may require a further week before the crusts completely disappear. Hopefully you will see a marked improvement! Judging by your pics you seem quite young so should respond well. I would say using these techniques my own scars have improved 50 - 60%.

MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 10/27/2015 5:34 pm

So, today marks day 3. I think. Sunday, Monday, Tuesday. So, 4 days since the treatment. 3 days after. Swelling has gone down a bit, but still a bit swollen to be honest. My face looks really weird, like bloated or something but just my cheeks (the only place along with forehead that I had work done). I have bumps under the surface of the skin, but it's like areas where it is 'harder' and a bit painful so I guess those areas are still in 'hurt' mode or whatever. I have some red dots too. It is very different though, because it hurts under the surface not on, and the bumps can't be seen only touched. I hope these go away when my skin has recovered.

Scabs are forming over the TCA cross areas, but still yellow/red. Still flaking a bit, but I can now feel new soft skin so it is all good. I'm a nice blue color all over, sometimes you can see it if I tilt my head how I have a blue/black tint to my whole right cheek, I wasn't even aware he did work at some places I look blue. It could be that I'm just bruised up in places that wasn't worked on though but just got hurt in the process.

It still hurts, all over my cheeks. It itches sometimes.

Still a bit red on my forehead and it feels a bit rough from the dermapen even though it is the third day. Hope tmrw will be better!

I have taken some pictures that I might upload later if I see improvements.

I had the same 3 procedures done by the same doctor last week (dermapen, TCA cross and subcision - I've undergone the first two before, but not the subcision). .....

Good luck with your recovery!

Oh really? How great to have other people with the same experience! Yeah I mean I saw myself in the mirror and was like ah yep great, fucking fantastic. I had seen pictures of people withthe same treatment who had a nice pink color and some red dots, yeah right, my ass you looked like that. I was so not prepared, hopefully people can see this so they know they're not alone!

Yeah does it really take that long for the TCA cross scabs to go? My roommate asked if I was going with them to a party for halloween, I just look sad now though and the scary chipmunkis gone - could've made a great halloween costume -so going like this just feels really unappealing.

Okay yeah the flaking is going away now which I'm super happy about, I don't like being too dry. I look quite bad to be honest, but I'm able to hide behind my hair at least.The people I live with haven't even noticed! Only the first two days though, one girl was like it looks like you did botox. Hahah. What a fail if I did. Hah.

I will be following your posts so please keep us updated. I just didan 80% tca on a few spots too but they didn't scab so far and it's been a few days. I've been putting on Neosporin. they looked bad the second day but now they seem tolook a littlesmaller, hoping a few times will bring the skin up to a higher level than how deep they were before. I've been needling too for a while and it does help, I wanted to try the prp and subcision so I can't wait to hear what you think but I need some filler for some of my dents. I had laser and it melted my fat. Wishing you lots of luck and hope you heal quickly I also started doing saline injections so we'll see how that goes too. if I see an improvement i'll let you know. I do it myself with 30g needles and saline you can get on the internet

Yeah they have all scabbed by now, but they are not like black only yellow/red colored don't know if that is it. I think they need to scab though, but you should ask someone with more experience.

It melted you fat??? What does that mean? It sounds horrifying. I'm sorry! You should find a good derm who will help you for real, mine doesn't even charge me much (300 pounds per treatment). Although, might wanna see how this goes first though.

Good luck with everything. Keep us updated on how it goes for you.

Hi il90, I've been through a similar experience with Dr. Chu (more than once). Your post definitely made me laugh; you sound very humorous!

You'll look completely normal within a week; however the areas treated with TCA may require a further week before the crusts completely disappear. Hopefully you will see a marked improvement! Judging by your pics you seem quite young so should respond well. I would say using these techniques my own scars have improved 50 - 60%.

So nice to find people who have done the same thing with the same doc!Yeah it wasdefinitely nice to be able to write it all down, it was up in my head and I just had to get it all out.I was laughing through it all because I just thought oh my god this is nuts I can't believe this is happening.

Did your swelling persist in some places for longer than three days though? I still have hard swelling on my cheeks, they also hurt when I touch some parts but I don't look super chipmunk-y as I did the first days. Well I just hope I get someimprovements, 50-60% would be a dream! But I have no expectations because I don't want to get disappointed.

So you've done it more than once? Did you do subcision more than once? And if not, was the downtime easier? I feel like it's the subcision that was the hardest part. Dermapen was easierbut prpwas the most painful! What about improvements? Did how much did you get the second time? Sorry for all the questions but I am really curious!

Thank you for sharing!!

MemberMember
(@euphonia)

Posted : 10/27/2015 5:47 pm

A) Numbing Cream
B) ice Packs
C) Plasma contained within hypodermic needles
D) Post-procedure (taken roughly five minutes after all of the procedures)

Cream.jpg

Ice_Packs.jpg

Needles.jpg

Post.jpg

MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 10/27/2015 6:14 pm

You look awesome! I looked terrible afterwards, have you done subcision?

Can't see any scars on you, you have really pretty skin!

MemberMember
(@euphonia)

Posted : 10/27/2015 6:58 pm

I did indeed - by the same Dr as you!

I found it very satisfying listening to the popping noise as the scar tethers are snapped by the Nokor needle, but the numbing injections really stung...I know the procedure would hurt a lot more without them though!

Thank you for the compliment about my skin, but in certain lighting it looks pretty terrible. Have got a second appointment booked for the end of November, which I am looking forward to.

For about 2-3 weeks after the appointment I applied a Vitamin C solution (L-Ascorbic Acid Powder suspended in water) using a spray applicator. I also took it internally in the form of Vitamin C tablets. Some people on the forum recommend using Copper Peptide to improve the healing response, so I intend to look into this further. Have you heard about suctioning after subcision? Apparently it helps prevent retethering of scar bands.

Hope that you start seeing some improvement in your scarring. I would ignore what your sister says about 'traditional beauty'. As a species, we display a wide variety of aesthetic and physical traits, which creates a level of individualism and uniqueness which is ultimately a good thing - variety is the spice of life as they say! The media plays a huge role in influencing contemporary opinions on beauty and physical attractiveness, and it is often incredibly biased, short sighted and unrealistic. I can use Photoshop to a fairly advanced degree to remove blemishes, create consistent skin textures and shape and mould physiques (Google liquify tool if you want to learn more about body editing), but I am essentially modifying pixels which remain isolated within a digital environment, or made physical through the process of print. I could never capture the essence of what it is to be human and flawed the way that interacting with another person in the same physical space conveys. I understand that scarring can be emotionally and physically painful, and like you, I am taking steps to try and improve my acne scars, but never forget that there are people out there who will accept you and like you for who you are :)

I think that ultimately I would like to improve my scarring for me more than for anyone else though...so I will continue to research and undergo treatments. Geographically, I am currently based in the UK, so I hope the information I provide helps those who are seeking acne scar treatment within the UK. Sorry to hijack your thread though! Best of luck with the healing process - keep us updated on your progress.

MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 10/27/2015 7:23 pm

I did indeed - by the same Dr as you!

I found it very satisfying listening to the popping noise as the scar tethers are snapped by the Nokor needle, but the numbing injections really stung...I know the procedure would hurt a lot more without them though!

Thank you for the compliment about my skin, but in certain lighting it looks pretty terrible. Have got a second appointment booked for the end of November, which I am looking forward to.

For about 2-3 weeks after the appointment I applied a Vitamin C solution (L-Ascorbic Acid Powder suspended in water) using a spray applicator. I also took it internally in the form of Vitamin C tablets. Some people on the forum recommend using Copper Peptide to improve the healing response, so I intend to look into this further. Have you heard about suctioning after subcision? Apparently it helps prevent retethering of scar bands.

Hope that you start seeing some improvement in your scarring. I would ignore what your sister says about 'traditional beauty'. As a species, we display a wide variety of aesthetic and physical traits, which creates a level of individualism and uniqueness which is ultimately a good thing - variety is the spice of life as they say! The media plays a huge role in influencing contemporary opinions on beauty and physical attractiveness, and it is often incredibly biased, short sighted and unrealistic. I can use Photoshop to a fairly advanced degree to remove blemishes, create consistent skin textures and shape and mould physiques (Google liquify tool if you want to learn more about body editing), but I am essentially modifying pixels which remain isolated within a digital environment, or made physical through the process of print. I could never capture the essence of what it is to be human and flawed the way that interacting with another person in the same physical space conveys. I understand that scarring can be emotionally and physically painful, and like you, I am taking steps to try and improve my acne scars, but never forget that there are people out there who will accept you and like you for who you are :)

I think that ultimately I would like to improve my scarring for me more than for anyone else though...so I will continue to research and undergo treatments. Geographically, I am currently based in the UK, so I hope the information I provide helps those who are seeking acne scar treatment within the UK. Sorry to hijack your thread though! Best of luck with the healing process - keep us updated on your progress.

Oh god I thought it was terrible, I felt super sorry for my skin... It felt like he was sawing and pulling and I just panicked! Next time I promise to not be so difficult. Poor doctor. He is just trying to help, but I just really wasn't prepared for it. I didn't think I would actually hear it!

Yeah I probably will. But to be honest I think I'm quite beautiful, I had a guy come up to say that to me last week and really I'm not unattractive. Yeah, she might think so, but she's not all that either. Anyways, some scarring I will probably have to live with but I think it makes me unique. I feel like if you see it like that people will generally too. 

Yeah I will probably do it again, but it will be for my future in case these scars might be a handicap later when I start working on my career. 

I hope you everything goes great in November, please keep me updated! Always interesting to hear. :)

MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 10/28/2015 11:27 am

Today is day 4 (5 days if you count the day of). I feel awful, I wish the bruising/red dots and scabs would go away. It is till bumpy and swollen (although to a much lesser extent) and it hurts. I'm now red/blue and yellow. I'm stressed about it so I have eczema too which just makes it look even worse. 

Usually people don't have pain and bruising still, do they? I'm afraid that I'll get those nodules. I have this bumpy area that hurts still. Feels like it still hasn't healed. 

I asked my doctor what the chances were that I would get a big breakout and he told me that I would not get a breakout by the very mild acne I had during the procedure. I had a small papule on my forehead and an old whitehead on my cheek - that still hasn't become a pimple?! Starting to wonder if it even is a whitehead. He is an expert in this so I will just take his word and stop worrying about that. 

Although it does look like I have acne again. Buuhu. I hate it. I really hope it is worth it, because I will look beat up for a long time probably.

Still using red light and only vaseline... Should I start using Differin yet? Maybe it'll speed it up? Anyone know?

Today I'm starting to eat super healthy for my skin, homemade broth, organic goat/sheep cheese, healthy fats from butter and coconut oil, sprouted grain bread, veggies jucing, cultured veggies, gelatin and vitamin c supplements. I'm not giving up coffee though. I need it. 

Hope everyone had a good day :)

MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 10/30/2015 5:15 am

Today is day 7, so a week. I look fine at this point, maybe a little blueish and yellow in some places and some blue spots but I can easily cover it with my hair. No extreme swelling. Chipmunk is gone. I saw a new scar yesterday but today it is virtually gone. So, going to decide to not panic until I see the final results.

My rolling scars are gone, because of the micro swelling I presume. I try not to get used to it. I washed my face two days ago and most TCA cross scabs fell off then, I guess that was 5 days or something. I totally forgot, so I don't know whether I ruined whatever I could have gotten from that. They look the same, maybe some are less pronounced, but not that much improvement.

I try to keep eating healthy, no non-sprouted grains, and vitamin c (2+ g) and gelatin supplements. I keep using red light therapy, I think that is why I'm recovering so fast. Hopefully I'll see improvements regardless (heard that bruising should stay as long as possible for best improvements).

MemberMember
(@d00little)

Posted : 10/30/2015 10:03 am

Good luck and please keep us updated.

MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 11/04/2015 2:57 pm

Day 12

Swelling is gone, and thus my scars are back! My scars look truly awful, especially at night. In the morning they don't look so bad. I might have another more severe rolling scar in the middle of my cheek that is new. This 'new' scar is located, though, between two of these lumps that are still there so I guess I can't be sure if it'll go when the lumps are all gone. But when I really looked today I almost threw up because I felt so let down because of the fact thatafter going through so much pain I might end up with additional scarring. How do you fix scarring that was caused by subcision? Fillers? Fat grafting? That's like 3K though.

It seems like if you have raised scarring it will become depressed after subcision or perhaps it was because of the dermapen. I had one that is a bit indented now, which sucks. You could barely see it before.

So at this point, I think I might have made a mistake. I'm still hoping it'll get better though because people say that it isn't until 3+ weeks you'll start noticing positive changes. But people that did really well seem to have noticed immediate changes, so I don't know.

The redness comes and goes, the bruising is slight, and you can see it in the scars so it is as if they have become red depressed scars again. I swear it looked better when they were skin colored.

I feel like this is such a risk, doing these procedures. I thought I went to the best doctor I could find yet I don't know if it was worth it.

So a bit of a bad day. In the morning my scarring looks pretty good though, and maybe it'll become better, so I'm not losing hope just yet.

MemberMember
(@utmostgeese)

Posted : 11/04/2015 3:59 pm

Sorry to hear you're having a hard time. Perhaps the redness is making it look worse? It hasn't been too long, I hope you see results in time.

il90 liked
MemberMember
(@sts54)

Posted : 11/04/2015 4:36 pm

Oh il90 I was hoping you would feel better. I think you need to give it time. I know that sick feeling after you do something, I've been though it so many times. Your a beautiful girl and so sweet telling us your story. I'm sitting here with a purple bruise from trying to do my own subcision. We need time and I'm sure yours will look better. Skin takes a long time to heal after being cut so we both need patients. I'm dying to hear more about the infini since it's like needling but I need more to say it's good before trying it out. Remember you are beautiful girl. I would love to set you up with one of my sons and it would be nice for them to have someone who understands what I'm going though too. lol funny you said yours look better in the morning, mine look worse. As the day goes on they look better then back to looking bad at nite. I only use a small lamp at nite in my bathroom while I do my face. I hate going to bed thinking it looks so bad. Hon I sure yours will get better in time. They all say they do after subcision and that subcision is one of the best things to do so don't worry, your going to get better and better as time goes on. I know it's hard to wait but that's all we can do. Healing isn't an overnite thing. Every day I keep saying, one more day, one more day..then the day will come when you finally can say you see an improvement.

MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 11/04/2015 6:06 pm

Oh il90 I was hoping you would feel better. I think you need to give it time. I know that sick feeling after you do something, I've been though it so many times. Your a beautiful girl and so sweet telling us your story. I'm sitting here with a purple bruise from trying to do my own subcision. We need time and I'm sure yours will look better. Skin takes a long time to heal after being cut so we both need patients. I'm dying to hear more about the infini since it's like needling but I need more to say it's good before trying it out. Remember you are beautiful girl. I would love to set you up with one of my sons and it would be nice for them to have someone who understands what I'm going though too. lol funny you said yours look better in the morning, mine look worse. As the day goes on they look better then back to looking bad at nite. I only use a small lamp at nite in my bathroom while I do my face. I hate going to bed thinking it looks so bad. Hon I sure yours will get better in time. They all say they do after subcision and that subcision is one of the best things to do so don't worry, your going to get better and better as time goes on. I know it's hard to wait but that's all we can do. Healing isn't an overnite thing. Every day I keep saying, one more day, one more day..then the day will come when you finally can say you see an improvement.

Thank you for this. I really needed some kind words. I have been constantly thinking all day that because I have scarring I can never be beautiful.. and on top of school work (where I need to maintain an A average) and other problems that keep stressing me out (financial, roommate problems) I just crashed today... I almost vomited at the movies with a friend. Sometimes life is just too much. Thank you for letting me know there are other peoplestrugglingand that I am not alone. I hope that everythingworks out beautifully for you.

MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 11/04/2015 6:44 pm

Photos for everyone that are going through the same... Yes it looks awful... 

Day after subcision... Extreme swelling...

photo19.thumb.jpg.cbcef793d4997aeb0f3ef3photo18.thumb.jpg.f63fca88d53b6eeacb4ad0

October 28 (4 days after treatment)... Peeling/flaking/bruising and yellow/blue/red... Eczema around eyes (stress symptom)

photo14.thumb.jpg.d016a75d6ed17806fe6eb5
photo15.thumb.jpg.558188ae15fb895ad35c98

Day 5... I decided to wash my face now so the flaking and scabs are gone... The big scar you see in the first photo is actually new but looked better a couple of days later so not sure about it. The rest of my face looks pretty good - micro-swelling still I presume :(

photo12.thumb.jpg.9ebf59511a77f5d6f4752c
photo11.thumb.jpg.fee015563e406942954c4d

8 days after... Scars are back and now I'm witnessing a new rolling one where the big bruise is (it is pretty big - you can't see it clearly here). The thing is I have those Subcision-lumps above and below it so it could be that they accentuate the depression (if there actually is one). 

photo5.thumb.jpg.e58dd1c278acb7e49c810f1
photo4.thumb.jpg.da6e093c31f9cb98b23848a

Mostly bruising still on this side...

photo8.thumb.jpg.2b6df23bb5a075b06e1766b

9 days... Remember this is in the morning where it always looks better.. (eczema not acne on neck)
photo1.thumb.jpg.5b0b33b4afd2e409e9bcfc1 
Yes that is a small zit (it was super tiny but I had to pick at it so now it looks bigger than it was)...
photo2.thumb.jpg.f19808452093b368534fa79
photo3-2.thumb.jpg.df1993de1bf9f870ad5d5

MemberMember
(@sts54)

Posted : 11/04/2015 7:43 pm

Oh my God, Hon your look great!!! because you see it everyday you don't think your getting the improvement that we see, I can def see it !!! I swear !!! When it's bruised it looks worse, I have that too. But once that goes away it will look great !! and when the bruises heal it will lift the skin, it's blood under there, just like putting prp in, so it's good. they say the longer you bruise the better. Your cheeks look so much smoother than before. Look at them!!!!! and you have a beautiful shaped face and you have lips people pay for !!!Seriously, look at your before pictures and look at you now.My GodHonthere's abig difference.
Yep there are more than you think going though what you are. I talk to a lot esp in the last 8 yrs. But Hon, you already got improvement. As soon as your skin heals more I think your going to be very happy. I'm keeping an eye on you.. and with your hair, lips and shape of our face, my son would be head over heals for you. Not kidding. xo

MemberMember
(@guevarabeats)

Posted : 11/04/2015 8:13 pm

Your scars arent bad at all And that is me being 100% honest Im sure you see it a different way so I hope nothing but the bestresults for you so you can feel happy with your skin but tbh your skin looks good regardless of those scars but thats just my opinion. And also your scars look like they improved.

il90 liked