Notifications
Clear all

acne depression

MemberMember
(@jessie-p)

Posted : 10/24/2015 7:43 pm

Hi everyone. I'm 15 years old and ever since I got my period at the end of year 5 I've had acne. It started off as a few red and irritated pimples and now I have acne. My acne would come and go, I have no idea why. I never thought of seeing a doctor about this because I just dealt with it but now I'm starting to get depression from this and I think it's the right thing to do. Everyone else has clear skin but me? I have some scarring too. I mostly just cover it up with bb cream but lately my skin has been breaking out from it so that is why I'm seeing a doctor tomorrow. I am not too sure about this because I know a lot of people have gotten prescribed medication or creams and in the end nothing works or just makes their skin worse. I really want my acne to go, I hate this feeling of crying everyday.

MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 10/25/2015 9:16 am

I'm sorry to hear, but you're making the right decision in seeing a doctor. I'm sure you will find something out there that works, and keep in mind that although not everyone has acne, everyone has something they find ugly and are self conscious about, be it weight, hair, etc.. :) what have you tried so far?

MemberMember
(@jessie-p)

Posted : 10/31/2015 7:07 am

Hello, thank you for responding to my post. I have went to see my doctor and he put me on doxycycline. It's a pill that supposedly kills bacteria and can be used for infections or acne. I've been on it for nearly a week now and have definelty been noticing results! I am so happy. I am on 5 repeats so in the next 5 months I am hoping to have clear skin :D

Chloe123 liked
MemberMember
(@3mrd)

Posted : 11/01/2015 5:35 am

Hello guyz, it is my first time to try Vitamin D3 and Zinc. Hoping this will give better result for me. I'm am 23 years old, a teacher.

I have tried vegan and I found that I'm allergic to chicken and egg, not sure for nightshades, but I also eliminated them. But still I am having these huge cystic acnes, now I have it in my right cheek about 2 cm in diameter and small acnes in my chin. Maybe I have a Vitamin D deficiency, I don't know. They are very stressful!!! You know that feeling right? I feel like I don't want to do anything, go to work or to speak to someone.

I hope this would the the final solution, because I am already tired of these things...

MemberMember
(@3mrd)

Posted : 11/01/2015 10:28 pm

Hello guyz, it is my first time to try Vitamin D3 and Zinc. Hoping this will give better result for me. I'm am 23 years old, a teacher.

I have tried vegan and I found that I'm allergic to chicken and egg, not sure for nightshades, but I also eliminated them. But still I am having these huge cystic acnes, now I have it in my right cheek about 2 cm in diameter and small acnes in my chin. Maybe I have a Vitamin D deficiency, I don't know. They are very stressful!!! You know that feeling right? I feel like I don't want to do anything, go to work or to speak to someone.

I hope this would the the final solution, because I am already tired of these things...

Dont just take random vitamins and hope it works. Get a blood test!! When i got a blood test i found out i haddeficienciesin vitamin c and iron. Thats why my cysts would scar and never heal.

Taking random vitamins could unbalance everything, and it becomes worse for alot of people. Please get a blood test before doing anything!

Thanks Chloe123, I will give it a try.

MemberMember
(@jessie-p)

Posted : 11/15/2015 3:11 am

Thanks for commenting chloe :D Ive been on doxycycline for 3 weeks and a few days now and I have noticed I am starting to breakout on my forehead again. The pimples on my chin aren't active anymore but they still leave a mark which makes it look active. Why is that? I really hope its not scarring. And for the reason I am breaking out on my forehead is because I am getting my period any day now, so hopefully they go away after my period ends :) . I am trying not to worry too much about it.

Chloe123 liked
MemberMember
(@jessie-p)

Posted : 11/17/2015 5:49 am

I haven't had a blood test before, but ill definitely mention the vitamin c and d to my private doctor when I see him in a few weeks for a check up on how my face is going. As for my pimples, they have actually gotten a lot better in just a few days. I think that the pills have really started to kick in :D I had also taken a photo of my face on the first day I started using doxycycline and a photo now. My face looks so much better, I am really surprised and happy. Hopefully it gets even better! Ill definitely post another update if anything major happens to my skin :).

Lore91 liked