Notifications
Clear all

does accutane really cause deafness?

MemberMember
(@102938)

Posted : 10/23/2015 11:31 pm

I'm really scared....I have been playing piano since I was 7 years old, so I can't afford to lose my hearing. I'm passionate about music and I don't know what I'd do without it. I really hope accutane doesn't cause complete deafness, I don't want to have to choose between cystic acne and hearing loss...

MemberMember
(@rittdk01)

Posted : 10/24/2015 3:14 pm

They put tons of shit in w the side effects that happen IF u mix them with other drugs. Obviously your derm would discuss all that w u. Never heard of anyone going deaf on accutane. Although people on here claim they r going bald years after accutane and blaming it on e drug. Some people r really unhappy and seem to blame accutane use for their problems.

MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 10/24/2015 6:18 pm

I've NEVER heard of accutane causing deafness. In fact, I don't think that's even on the side effects list, is it? Seriously.. Don't worry. Thousands upon thousands take accutane... If it caused deafness, you would hear a LOT more about it.

MemberMember
(@andrei11)

Posted : 10/24/2015 9:27 pm

Never heard of it, but take this example. Accutane has as a side effect vision loss during the night. Now, this is a very rare occurence, probably happens to 1 person out of 100 or something. There are people who've been left with permanent night vision loss after Accutane, but it's probably something like 1 person out of 1000 or something. Now, I read on many sites that "Accutane might leave you with night vision loss and it might be permanent". When it's phrased like that, it seems like this is a common occurence, which is not.