Notifications
Clear all

How effective will CO2 Fractional Laser be for me?

MemberMember
(@apex93)

Posted : 10/23/2015 11:17 pm

Hello everyone, 

I'm new to the forum. I've read some other threads related to this topic but I figured I would start my own. 

Long story short, I had a serious bout with cystic acne from ages 19-22. I could've tried harder during that time to clear up my face but it became common to see breakouts and I became accepting. I never foresaw the consequences (scarring) because my focus was on the cystic acne. 

For the last 4-6 months, my acne has suddenly disappeared. But I am left with this terrible scarring. It is barely noticeable in direct sunlight but shadows are a confidence killer. I am now ready to pursue scarring treatments such as CO2 fractional laser. 

My questions for those who have done it already: 
What kind of improvement should I expect?
Are there better treatments for my situation?
Is it worth it? (I hope so)

I'm writing all of this through my phone so I am unaware of how the layout will turn out but I have included photos. Photos of both shadows and sunlight. 

Thanks for reading.

IMG_20151023_204402_hdr.jpg

IMG_20151023_204330_hdr.jpg

IMG_20151022_170150.jpg

IMG_20151022_170149.jpg

IMG_20151022_170146.jpg

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 10/24/2015 12:52 pm

You will need multiple treatments at high intensity. I suggest Fraxel REPAIR.

MemberMember
(@apex93)

Posted : 10/24/2015 7:46 pm

You will need multiple treatments at high intensity. I suggest Fraxel REPAIR.

Thanks for the info. I'll look into Fraxel REPAIR. I will not be getting any treatments done until December (end of the semester). I'll post pictures after, in case anybody is interested in similar treatments and results.

Any other suggestions guys? I would really appreciate any other info before I make a decision.

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 10/25/2015 8:10 am

Subcision plus suctioning before attempting lasers. Lasers have a place, but I think they will do little to raise up the deepest scars. You need a procedure to decrease their depth before resurfacing procedures can work well. TCA Cross on ice pick scars.

MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 10/26/2015 5:38 am

Hi OP, I'm sorry you had to go through that. At least it went away by itself. Cystic acne is worse than scarring, at least I think so.

Laser is very expensive. I can't afford it. And, if you search around here for a bit you'll see there is a lot of risks involved, and not as much improvement as you would think from all the marketing hype. Could you try something like derma pen/ subcision/ TCA cross? You can find a doctor that does it all in one go, I pay 300 pounds for prp/subcision/dermapen/TCA cross. It is very painful though! But so is laser, my doc told me that they boil the surface of the skin or something with that which sounds worse than what I have done. I think you would do great with subcision (search this forum for people who have done it previously and you'll see what I mean).

Please see this study: http://www.jcasonline.com/article.asp?issn=0974-2077;year=2014;volume=7;issue=1;spage=18;epage=23;aulast=Garg