Notifications
Clear all

Redness, scaring, cysts and pimples..

MemberMember
(@trenson)

Posted : 10/23/2015 2:35 am

Please tell me what kind of scaring I have, how bad is it, as well as my acne and how bad it is.

I do not consume dairy and I drink plenty of water and get moderate exercise, and I am currently trying to take Zinc and Vitamin D-3 for my acne, as well as using a Clearasil "Acne + Marks" face wash which doesn't seem to be doing anything even with the help of a scrubbing brush..then I use a Equate Moisturizing Lotion, and sometimes I'll use Clearasil Benzoyl Peroxide. 

I do not have any access whatsoever to a dermatologist or doctor. It is not an option. I have no healthcare. 

Then, after telling me what I have, if anyone has any solutions or critiquing on my regiment, please let me know how I can improve and fix my situation. I do not touch my pimples or pop them, but blackheads and whiteheads form regardless and hollow out my pores..it's making me so depressed. I feel like it's ice-pick scaring which is the worst kind to have and requires drastic medical or peeling solutions..things I can't do.

Again, any help is appreciated. I rarely if only get new pimples on my chin and small ones on my cheeks, but most of the damage you see now was caused by cystic pimples..

acne19.jpg

acne20.jpg

acne21.jpg

acne22.jpg

MemberMember
(@trenson)

Posted : 10/24/2015 12:50 am

Bump.

Is there anyone at all who can help? I'm coming on this forum as a last resort, which would ideally mean anyone who's viewing this page would be much appreciated if they gave their humble opinion.

MemberMember
(@andrei11)

Posted : 10/24/2015 3:00 am

Hey, yeah you will be probably be left with minor to moderate ice pick, boxcar and rolling scars. Your acne seems moderate to severe. Not much you can do without a derm. I'm 25yo, had severe acne for 5 years now. Tried 7 different antibiotic courses, used creams as Skinoren, Brevoxyl and others for months on end, peelings, changedmy dietcompletely for 7 months, no dairy, sugar, high-GI food etc. and I didn't get impressive results. I am starting Roaccutane next week. My point is, acne treatment is a gamble, you might be lucky and be done with a course of antibiotics + creams, or it might not work at all, for years on end. We're different and we react to treatments differently. All I know is that I wish I could go back in time and take Roaccutane 5 years ago.

MemberMember
(@trenson)

Posted : 10/24/2015 1:30 pm

Hey, yeah you will be probably be left with minor to moderate ice pick, boxcar and rolling scars. Your acne seems moderate to severe. Not much you can do without a derm. I'm 25yo, had severe acne for 5 years now. Tried 7 different antibiotic courses, used creams as Skinoren, Brevoxyl and others for months on end, peelings, changedmy dietcompletely for 7 months, no dairy, sugar, high-GI food etc. and I didn't get impressive results. I am starting Roaccutane next week. My point is, acne treatment is a gamble, you might be lucky and be done with a course of antibiotics + creams, or it might not work at all, for years on end. We're different and we react to treatments differently. All I know is that I wish I could go back in time and take Roaccutane 5 years ago.

Well, not the best news I was hoping for, but thank you for being honest. I don't know what to do then, as again, I have no access to one.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 10/24/2015 1:44 pm

If you are able to afford it, the regimen from this site may help. At least until you can get access to a derm. Your acne definitely has the potential to scar and in the long term, you may need to get medical care to prevent further damage.

MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 10/24/2015 6:14 pm

I agree with above. The regimen from this site is meant to be excellent, and it really is the best (if not better) that you can get without prescription.

MemberMember
(@trenson)

Posted : 10/26/2015 2:02 am

If you are able to afford it, the regimen from this site may help. At least until you can get access to a derm. Your acne definitely has the potential to scar and in the long term, you may need to get medical care to prevent further damage.

Now I'm really worried. Not at all what I wanted to hear. Can you tell me why? What you're noticing and not just that it has potential but why it has potential?

I agree with above. The regimen from this site is meant to be excellent, and it really is the best (if not better) that you can get without prescription.

I've been thinking about giving it a try but for most users it takes three months to kick in?

MemberMember
(@melissamonaghan)

Posted : 10/28/2015 11:41 am

I've had similiar cystic pimples. I actually have a few right now on my right cheek that have come back recently. the good news is that my other ones have seemed to fade into red marks and have practically disappeared. I use the same thing as you do, at least the clearasil part. I love it and usually use it as my night wash. I can suggest you to try Oxy maximum strength. you can get it from practically any drugstore and it has helped me so much. I have really oily skin and even if you have sensitive skin, it won't overdry. give it about 2 weeks to a month to start taking affect. it just really depends how well your skin takes it. Oxy was practically a miracle for my skin and has prevented most of my breakouts. even though sometimes I get a cyst here and there, it's so much better than my face breaking out the way it used to. I hope that whatever you do helps ((: good luck!

MemberMember
(@trenson)

Posted : 10/30/2015 2:45 pm

I've had similiar cystic pimples. I actually have a few right now on my right cheek that have come back recently. the good news is that my other ones have seemed to fade into red marks and have practically disappeared. I use the same thing as you do, at least the clearasil part. I love it and usually use it as my night wash. I can suggest you to try Oxy maximum strength. you can get it from practically any drugstore and it has helped me so much. I have really oily skin and even if you have sensitive skin, it won't overdry. give it about 2 weeks to a month to start taking affect. it just really depends how well your skin takes it. Oxy was practically a miracle for my skin and has prevented most of my breakouts. even though sometimes I get a cyst here and there, it's so much better than my face breaking out the way it used to. I hope that whatever you do helps ((: good luck!

My cysts don't seem to go away after they fade to red, even for up to months, and they certainly have not disappeared. Which wash? Neither of them have given me results, I feel, or if they have, it's maintained my acne only slightly with one or two cysts breaking out weekly.
Oxy maximum strength? They seem to have a lot of mixed reviews on Amazon, and I've never heard of it before, but you do seem confident in the product. Thank you for your opinion, feel free to keep offering advice if it suits you (:

You seem to have alot of clogged pores, im thinking the reason you have active pimples is from these purging? maybe try going to a derm and asking for retinols.

Btw, clearsil RUINED my skin. its way too harsh, and it always dried my skin out like crazy. If i were you, id get rid of it completely and try something natural or gentle, as retinols are harsh and cause peeling if you go for it! good luck tho.

'Purging'? I'm not sure what you mean, but once again, I CANNOT go to adermatologist, as was stated in earlier posts and my initial post. I DO NOT have coverage.

I've tried so many face washes including Neutragina Natural and nothing has really worked for me.

MemberMember
(@trenson)

Posted : 10/31/2015 4:39 am

Purging is when those tiny bumps under the skin turn into whiteheads because the body pushes them out.

no face wash or cream will help you. Try fixing your diet and start slowly cutting out certain foods. Also try detoxing with juicing!

I honestly wouldn't know what foods, as I don't consume too much dairy, and I have to cook my chicken and steak using at least a littlevegetableand olive oil. Maybe my diet is too salty?