Notifications
Clear all

is fraxel re:store really that bad? even for shallow scars?

MemberMember
(@bluedog88)

Posted : 10/22/2015 8:16 pm

so finally saw a derm to get options for scar treatments. this guy is from a really good med school so I think he knows what hes saying. I originally thought I was a good candidate for subcision, especially after reading all the success stories here. He said that a few could be subcised, but he said that what would really work best is 3-6 treatments with fraxel re:store.

He pointed out how my scars werent deep and tethered. I have a lot but they arent noticeable from more than a few feet away. this is why he thought a resurfacing laser would work best. he gave me a realistic chance of 50% improvement. seems ok for my type of scarring. I think with 50% i would be pretty happy.

so finally my question--- is fraxel re:store that bad? people on here act like it is completely useless, but my derm seemed to really advise it. he said i probably don't need the level of the re:pair (and I don't know if i would ever have enough time off work for that downtime anyway). are the side effects that apparent from lasers, or do we just see horror stories on the internet? is anyone satisfied with this treatment? any stories? is the downtime really just about a week, or will I be pink for a month? someone help :(

The derm also mentioned that needling is the same premise as the re:store, but with a lot weaker results. should i just play it safe and do that? i dont know what to think...

MemberMember
(@user383077)

Posted : 10/23/2015 2:19 pm

Fraxel restore can have good results if it's used on the highest settings, make sure to have them use the highest energy (70 mj) and at least treatment levelof 9 (covers 26%). That is something I wished I knew when I started my treatments. Also you have to understand that it is the people with bad experiences thatare more likely to post about them online. My downtime is 1-2days and maybe one to two weeks of redness, but that was at lower energies (50-60 mJ). I just got 70 mJ and Tx level 9 today on both cheeksso will see how much longer I am red for.

MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 10/26/2015 7:06 am

Isn't there a lot of risks involved for that price? What about skin needling with prp? What about TCA cross? Fillers?

I would be suspicious of anyone that would try to push laser on me since they make a lot of money out of it.

Check this study: http://www.jcasonline.com/article.asp?issn=0974-2077;year=2014;volume=7;issue=1;spage=18;epage=23;aulast=Garg before you decide on fraxel.

I have also heard that restore won't do much, if anything and that you have to get repair. You should check if there is any validity in that claim before you commit.

MemberMember
(@sts54)

Posted : 10/28/2015 3:45 pm

Has anyone heard or tried the infini RF?? I heard it's good for scars I wrote to some doctors on realself and they seem to like it, it has needles with RF. . I have a friend who's getting it done in Dec so I'm waiting to hear if she thinks it was worth it. I think she said it cost 3,000.00not sure for how many treatments.

MemberMember
(@adam128)

Posted : 10/28/2015 10:00 pm

so finally saw a derm to get options for scar treatments. this guy is from a really good med school so I think he knows what hes saying. I originally thought I was a good candidate for subcision, especially after reading all the success stories here. He said that a few could be subcised, but he said that what would really work best is 3-6 treatments with fraxel re:store.

He pointed out how my scars werent deep and tethered. I have a lot but they arent noticeable from more than a few feet away. this is why he thought a resurfacing laser would work best. he gave me a realistic chance of 50% improvement. seems ok for my type of scarring. I think with 50% i would be pretty happy.

so finally my question--- is fraxel re:store that bad? people on here act like it is completely useless, but my derm seemed to really advise it. he said i probably don't need the level of the re:pair (and I don't know if i would ever have enough time off work for that downtime anyway). are the side effects that apparent from lasers, or do we just see horror stories on the internet? is anyone satisfied with this treatment? any stories? is the downtime really just about a week, or will I be pink for a month? someone help :(

The derm also mentioned that needling is the same premise as the re:store, but with a lot weaker results. should i just play it safe and do that? i dont know what to think...

The Fraxel:restore is the biggest waste of money. That doc is a fucking idiot. He's talking out of his ass. People barely pull 40% results with the Fraxel:repair. And this clown said you can get 50% results with a non-ablative laser!!!!!? He's a fucking quack. Tell him to fuck himself. I speak from experience as I have done 4 rounds of the Fraxel:restore with ZERO results. Literally the biggest regret of my life.

MemberMember
(@bluedog88)

Posted : 10/28/2015 10:52 pm

The Fraxel:restore is the biggest waste of money. That doc is a fucking idiot. He's talking out of his ass. People barely pull 40% results with the Fraxel:repair. And this clown said you can get 50% results with a non-ablative laser!!!!!? He's a fucking quack. Tell him to fuck himself. I speak from experience as I have done 4 rounds of the Fraxel:restore with ZERO results. Literally the biggest regret of my life.

haha thanks for the response. yea im leaning towards what you say, doesn't seem to be too great. sorry you didnt see any results though

Has anyone heard or tried the infini RF??   I heard it's good for scars    I wrote to some doctors on realself and they seem to like it, it has needles with RF.  .  I have a friend who's getting it done in Dec so I'm waiting to hear if she thinks it was worth it.  I think she said it cost 3,000.00 not sure for how many treatments.

after you mentioned this I googled around and the results seem pretty promising! surprised there arent more accounts out there of this treatment. seems kinda pricey but could be worth it. almost 0 down time from it too which is really convenient. let me know if you find anything else out from your friend

MemberMember
(@sts54)

Posted : 10/29/2015 3:17 pm

I willlet you know. I'm hoping to hear it does something worth the money. I just put some tca 80 % in a few scars and some saline in a couple others. Did a 10%tca on the rest of my face. Also needled on some to see what might work best. I'm a mess. So sick of scars since the erbium destroyed my face making it have scars and fat loss all over. I also had had a mircoderm treatment a while ago that left me with long lines on my jaw so be careful even with the simplest treatments. Laser is out texture change and scars.