Notifications
Clear all

Deep scar from traditional co2 laser (pictures)

MemberMember
(@mindall123)

Posted : 10/22/2015 9:38 am

Hi, I finally thought I was on my way to my skin looking better until I decided to have one more laser treatment. I've had so many treatments... 3 Traditional co2, 4 fractional co2, tca, dermapen, prp and infini. Most of my scars have risen to the surface so I thought one more traditional co2 would do the trick... Wrong! I'm left with a much larger scar than any I've had before. I'm looking for advice on what I should do. I'm thinking excision. Any help please! The first pic is after and second is before  

image.jpg

image.jpg

MemberMember
(@scarredemon)

Posted : 10/24/2015 6:27 am

Hello there, thank you for the pictures. I'm glad that most of your scars have risen from your previous treatments and you are rather satisfied with it. I do understand the larger one that was caused by the most recent laser treatment. In my humble opinion, I would seriously discourage you from excising that area. From my understanding, that particular area is covered with scarring. Excising that large scar and stitching it back up with no healthy surrounding tissue would not achieve desirable results. Fibrotic tissues are still going to be fibrotic regardless you had it excised. Only if there are normal scarred free tissues that aid in healing, the chances of having better skin structure would be higher.
I'd steer clear of excision unless the scars are very small and deep (ice picks). Perhaps subcision and fillers might help.

All the best. Keep us updated with your next course of actions.

Regards,
Scarredemon