Notifications
Clear all

STOP THE EMAILS. PLEASE!!!!

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 10/21/2015 12:02 pm

I have posted thousands of topics and replied to thousands on this board. The new system is sending me emails every time someone posts, replies, likes, or whatever on anything that I've ever participated in. I've "unfollowed" numerous things but I cannot unfollow everything I've ever participated in!!!! Please give us a way to not have acne.org email me EVER. I don't want ANY emails. I want to click ONE link to unsubscribe from ALL EMAILS.

Right now my solution is to mark all acne.org emails as spam in gmail. Eventually enough spam marks go into gmail's central system, so all of your gmail users will have their acne.org emails marked as spam. I've been getting 10 emails a day...it's ridiculous.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 10/21/2015 12:08 pm

I thought it was just me. I second what green gables said. It is very annoying and I do want to receive mail from people of my choice, not for everything. Hopefully Dan or someone from his team is out there listening and will respond soon.

On another note, I sent you a PM green gables. If you have a moment, could you please respond.

Thanks guys.

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 10/21/2015 12:43 pm

i dont mind getting emails about topics i have posted on but i dont want emails for every single thing on this site thats for sure.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 10/21/2015 2:21 pm

Just got another email "You are receiving this email because you are following tracy521."

I haven't followed this user!!!

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 10/21/2015 2:39 pm

greengables, I went under my profile and it shows you as following me - maybe just go into your profile and delete me from the list. I will see if I can remove you as a follower as well.

Member Admin
(@dan)

Posted : 10/21/2015 2:50 pm

Hey you guys. Thanks for letting us know. I'll have my guys look into this ASAP and make sure everything is set to correctly. I knew we would have a few bugs, but I was hoping they wouldn't actually bug people if you catch my drift. Anyway, sorry and we'll fix it up.

DeLovely and nicmic62 liked
MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 10/21/2015 4:26 pm

thanks Dan!!

MemberMember
(@dollah-singh)

Posted : 10/22/2015 11:02 am

Hi guys,

You have full control over email notifications of every activity (following members, posts, etc)
You can change these notification settings by clicking Notification icon (bell icon) at the top and "Notification Settings" button.
(or open the url directly : http://www.acne.org/messageboard/notifications/options/ )

Regards,

DeLovely liked
Member Admin
(@dan)

Posted : 10/22/2015 2:21 pm

Ok you guys. We turned off ALL email notifications. Sorry about that. I hate the idea that we were bugging you guys. I didn't realize they were set differently in this new version of the forums. If you want any emails you'll have to go to the link that Dollah gave you above and let it know you want email notifications.

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 10/22/2015 3:13 pm

awesome - thanks so much!