Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PositiveThoughts

Micro-Pigmentation for dermabrasion scars

Hello community,

five years ago I received dermabrasion to help my scars. The surgeon unfortunately went to deep and now I've got scars that resemble burn scars. They
are not atophric anymore (so they are on my skin level) but they are shiny and white with kind of a waxy texture. I've just recently heard about micro-pigmentation
for burn scars and similiar things so I wonder if micro-pigmentation could get rid or atleast improve the shinyness of the scars? The hypopigmenation is not that big of a deal to me because I'm pretty pale but the waxy and shiny texture really gets me down every time I look at it. If pigmentation colour would be painted over them wouldn't that get rid of the shiny texture?

I also read on these forums that lasering plus recell afterwards can help with the texture of those kind of scars and help them loose their shiny appearance.

It would mean a lot to me if any of you guys would find the time to answer and maybe help me in my journey to better my skin.

Thank you in advance.