Notifications
Clear all

Starting Accutane today, I need your help!

MemberMember
(@ngoboy)

Posted : 10/21/2015 8:04 am

Hi all,

I am new to this website. I have decided to join the discussion because I have suffered from acne since I was 13. I am now 21. Over the last 8 years, my acne has gotten better and worse. I noticed that when i began using Proactiv, things began to clear up. I've been off of Proactiv for five months and my skin is at it's worse.

Skin type: Oily

I am starting Accutane today and I plan on using Cerave Foaming Facial Cleanser, Cerave Facial Moisturizing Lotion AM, Cerave Moisturizing Lotion, and Cortibalm.

My question is whether or not it's okay for me to use Cerave Foaming Facial Cleanser in the morning when I wake up and at night before bed. As well, should I use the Cerave Moisturizing Lotion at night before bed? I was only planning on using that during the day if my skin becomes dry.

Let me know what you think.

Thank you for your help in advance!

MemberMember
(@chippy1)

Posted : 10/21/2015 10:45 am

Hi all,

I am new to this website. I have decided to join the discussion because I have suffered from acne since I was 13. I am now 21. Over the last 8 years, my acne has gotten better and worse. I noticed that when i began using Proactiv, things began to clear up. I've been off of Proactiv for five months and my skin is at it's worse.

Skin type: Oily

I am starting Accutane today and I plan on using Cerave Foaming Facial Cleanser, Cerave Facial Moisturizing Lotion AM, Cerave Moisturizing Lotion, and Cortibalm.

My question is whether or not it's okay for me to use Cerave Foaming Facial Cleanser in the morning when I wake up and at night before bed. As well, should I use the Cerave Moisturizing Lotion at night before bed? I was only planning on using that during the day if my skin becomes dry.

Let me know what you think.

Thank you for your help in advance!

Your skin (and lips) will become very dry over the next few weeks so you will also need a good lip balm and I would recommend you start using it on day one, even before your lips start feeling dry....I'm on week 6 and felt my lips start getting dry in the first week and my skin becameless oily after 2/3weeks....I'm not an expert on the Cerave range but they do seem to get very positive reviews.....I think you will find your skin changes alot during treatment, pores start to shrink and you start producing less oil...Your skin will get very dry so make sure you keep using the moisturizer on your skin, it should really help....I also think its important not to keep changing products...your skin is very sensitive during treatment, so try and find a routine that works for you and keep to it.....too much change, doesnt always help......best wishes with treatment