Notifications
Clear all

Should i try inositol with birth control?

MemberMember
(@minawhat)

Posted : 10/20/2015 6:15 pm

I have a mild form of PCOS and I've been taking Sprintec/ortho cyclesfor three months now and am not seeing much results in my acne.... I'm feeling depressed and insecure.Should I supplement with inositol? Has any tried this?

MemberMember
(@katsc)

Posted : 11/07/2015 1:08 pm

Hello!

I think it might be a good idea if you try a pill with a different progestin type. Ortho Cyclen has norgestimate, which is low androgenic, but, in the other hand, it doesn't do very much with the already high androgen levels you have circulating on our blood (which if a typical find in woman with PCOS). You have to take something that is anti-androgen in order to reduce your acne, such as drospirenone, for example (Yas, Yasmin, etc.).I say that because I also have PCOS, already tried Ortho Cyclen and it didn't do the trick.

Take a look at this post, it might help you: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/330166-good-bad-birth-control-pills-and-implants-for-acne/#entry3399663

SammyAcF liked
MemberMember
(@m-wolstone)

Posted : 11/07/2015 6:43 pm

Inositol did nothing to my skin nor to PCOS, but a keto diet high in unsaturated and low in saturated did.

MemberMember
(@crayonsnglu)

Posted : 10/01/2017 3:26 pm

That is weird, Ortho/Sprintec did wonders for my skin! I do not know if I have PCO (I will find out this month) but I always have stubborn breakouts right before and right after my period. Sprintec worked almost right away to keep the pimples at bay and over time I barely ever broke out! I miss being on it so badly but I want to get pregnant so whats a girl to do??? :(

MemberMember
(@jhlo)

Posted : 10/02/2017 9:47 am

On 10/21/2015 at 5:15 AM, minawhat said:

I have a mild form of PCOS and I've been taking Sprintec/ortho cyclesfor three months now and am not seeing much results in my acne.... I'm feeling depressed and insecure.Should I supplement with inositol? Has any tried this?

Hi, Have you taken many antibiotics? If so, have you tried taking probiotics? The lack of good bacteria kills our immune system and makes fighting bacteria in our skin difficult. There is also a cream I swear by that saved my skin. It's called zz cream. You can find it online at [Edited link out]. All natural.