Notifications
Clear all

Third month of ortho cyclen/sprintec

MemberMember
(@minawhat)

Posted : 10/19/2015 6:25 pm

I just finished my third pack of ortho cyclen/sprintec, and my acne hasn't improved much at all. It hasn't gotten worse necessarily, but not a noticeable difference.... :( Should I stick it out, or switch to a different pill? My acne is mild to moderate..

Background info: I have a mild form of PCOS and was told that monophasic pills would be better for me.

Please, any insight would be helpful :(

MemberMember
(@exning)

Posted : 10/19/2015 6:31 pm

Birth control pills can take 3-6 months, stick to it! Ive read some finally clear up by month 9

MemberMember
(@minawhat)

Posted : 10/19/2015 6:42 pm

Birth control pills can take 3-6 months, stick to it! Ive read some finally clear up by month 9

Seriously? :( How come it takes so short for others and so long for some?! I really just don't want to wreck my face waiting and then have nothing improve.... Did you take BC?

MemberMember
(@exning)

Posted : 10/19/2015 8:08 pm

Seriously? :( How come it takes so short for others and so long for some?! I really just don't want to wreck my face waiting and then have nothing improve.... Did you take BC?

Im currently on the end of month 3 going to 4, but i just got put on antibiotics and my skin is cleared up from that currently
it takes some people longer because your body is adjusting to the hormones. 

MemberMember
(@minawhat)

Posted : 10/19/2015 8:22 pm

Im currently on the end of month 3 going to 4, but i just got put on antibiotics and my skin is cleared up from that currently

Are you taking bc and antibiotics at the same time?

Oh i see! You can take antibiotics and birth control at the same time?

MemberMember
(@exning)

Posted : 10/20/2015 1:52 pm

Ithinkthe bc can become innefective but i dont really have a choice as Ive gotten my wisdom teeth pulled out haha. But ive heard mixed things, so im not sure. Its just for 7 days and I was on sugar pills for the first 3 days

edit: just got this from the planned parenthood site:

Only one antibiotic is known to make the pill less effective. That is rifampin, a special medication used to treat tuberculosis. The brand names include Rifadin and Rimactane. Other antibiotics do not make the pill less effective. - See more at: https://www.plannedparenthood.org/learn/ask-dr-cullins/birth-control-qa#sthash.9jwwcT8m.dpuf