Notifications
Clear all

Getting color matched

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 10/19/2015 12:29 pm

I have a wedding coming up in November and my acne is simply horrid. Bumps, redness, hyper pigmentation, dry skin....blah. I'm on spiro but it'll be months before I see if it helps. I would like to look semi decent for this event so I'm wondering where I can get color matched for mineral makeup. I want to stay away from bare minerals and bare essentials as they have problematic ingredients. I'm in NJ but travel in NY often. A lot of the healthier mineral makeup only have online stores.

MemberMember
(@sadiar)

Posted : 10/21/2015 2:48 am

Personally if it was me and I wanted to look 'decent' for this ocasion I would go for my trusted foundation. It's not a mineral foundation but it is so beautiful! And it's full coverage and starts looking even nicer in your skin as the day progresses (if that's possible) lol. I used Estee Lauder Double Wear. You can go ahead and get colour matched at the counters and then just ask for a sample! See if you like it or not.

MemberMember
(@hopeless87)

Posted : 10/21/2015 12:30 pm

health food stores usually have alot of mineral makeup and are good about having testers for everything.

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 10/22/2015 10:10 am

i agree with the estee lauder double wear foundation. if you get the maximum coverage one in the blue tube it will cover everything. i currently use dermablend leg and body cover as my foundation and i like it even better than double wear because it stays on longer and the color matches my skin tone perfectly but you have to use the setting powder with it. 
i would suggest going to ulta or sephora and buy a few different foundations with different shades and go from there. you can return any makeup you dont like that way you dont have to get matched at the store. they dont care if you have used the makeup they will take back any return. good luck :)

MemberMember
(@dittus)

Posted : 10/22/2015 6:58 pm

If you want a "healthier" option, I would try to go to a Whole Foods or a health food store like that. I don't wear makeup anymore but I know WF has plenty of options and the people are very helpful.