Notifications
Clear all

Severity of my scarring? And How can I improve it

MemberMember
(@guevarabeats)

Posted : 10/18/2015 8:32 am

Please help I want to improve my skin it has held me back from certain things and has tarnished my self confidence a bit most people spend money on fixing their cars and houses but I want to invest my money until I get better skin and my confidence back to become the best version of myself thank you. The pics are under harsh lighting after work so Im quite tired and my face is oily my scarring is mostly on my temples and cheeks my jawline and forehead dont suffer from scarring

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

MemberMember
(@foreveralone)

Posted : 10/19/2015 10:22 am

urs are not that severe some kind of needling like dermarolling or dermapen will help and a little subcision

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3996784/

MemberMember
(@guevarabeats)

Posted : 10/19/2015 2:07 pm

I just started needling with a 2mm(dermastamp) and Im about to book an appointment with Dr David Rahimi

MemberMember
(@perservering)

Posted : 10/19/2015 11:08 pm

Keep us posted. My scarring looks similar to yours.

MemberMember
(@guevarabeats)

Posted : 10/20/2015 5:03 am

Keep us posted. My scarring looks similar to yours.

You should keep in touch maybe we can toss ideas and tips back and fourth.

MemberMember
(@perservering)

Posted : 10/20/2015 1:03 pm

I'm currently alternating every two weeks between dermastamping and TCA peels. It's a slow process, not sure it's really helping, but I'm going to give it a year.

MemberMember
(@guevarabeats)

Posted : 10/21/2015 5:11 am

Yeah I been dermastamping and doing tca peels for about 2 months now, but I booked an Appointment with Dr David Rahimi next week I want to see he thinks I should do to try and improve it.

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 10/21/2015 6:27 am

I'm currently alternating every two weeks between dermastamping and TCA peels. It's a slow process, not sure it's really helping, but I'm going to give it a year.

I've read that study too....and keep thinking I should do it...I've done many things over the years to improve my scars and I still use a dermastamp every 10 days....Perservering what depth stamp are you using and how strong is the TCA? what's the downtime of the TCA?

and you are using retin a or tazorac right? that is the other key to that study

let us know

and GuevaraBeats, I should have commented, your scarring is pervasive but luckily for you not deep- I agree you would benefit from fraxels or dermarolling (fraxel without the heat or the price tag)....

MemberMember
(@perservering)

Posted : 10/21/2015 12:48 pm

I'm using a 2.0 depth so pretty deep. Started at 15% TCA now up to 21%. Downtime for TCA is usually a week. No, I'm not using retin or tazorac.

Goose2313 liked
MemberMember
(@guevarabeats)

Posted : 10/31/2015 2:44 am

I've read that study too....and keep thinking I should do it...I've done many things over the years to improve my scars and I still use a dermastamp every 10 days....Perservering what depth stamp are you using and how strong is the TCA? what's the downtime of the TCA?

and you are using retin a or tazorac right? that is the other key to that study

let us know

and GuevaraBeats, I should have commented, your scarring is pervasive but luckily for you not deep- I agree you would benefit from fraxels or dermarolling (fraxel without the heat or the price

I went to a free consultation with Dr David Rahimi and he recommended I get mixto laser and sculptra which was going to run me 4000 for one treatment.

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 10/31/2015 3:03 am

Sculptra? Not a fan of that for acne scars. Your scars are not deep and using it that superficially can leave visible bumps. Don't trade one problem for another.

One session of laser is not going to do much, and frankly that's a lot to spend for questionable efficacy. Subcision might give you some improvement. Try less expensive methods before you spend that kind of money.

MemberMember
(@guevarabeats)

Posted : 10/31/2015 5:53 am

Sculptra? Not a fan of that for acne scars. Your scars are not deep and using it that superficially can leave visible bumps. Don't trade one problem for another.

One session of laser is not going to do much, and frankly that's a lot to spend for questionable efficacy. Subcision might give you some improvement. Try less expensive methods before you spend that kind of money.

thats the approach I wanted take subcision. I might check out other dermatologists and see what they think.

MemberMember
(@dmcme)

Posted : 10/31/2015 4:59 pm

Hello. I have seen your pictures. Man i have almost the same pattern of scars i believe. I have these for years but i never really cared until now. But now i have realized how bad they are. . Here are my pics please tell me what should i do.how bad they are

Acne.jpg

Acne1.jpg

MemberMember
(@guevarabeats)

Posted : 10/31/2015 11:11 pm

They arent that bad in my opinion, I would just start off with basics Derma stamping, (I do it till It bleeds) and also Tca Peels. And I also use retin A

dmcme liked
MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 11/01/2015 12:58 am

GuevaraBeats, I think you are doing the right thing by getting a second opinion. Seriously, your scars are not bad at all, and I would hate for you to drop that kind of cash for something that is iffy in terms of results. Go the subcision route first and reevaluate things later on.

MemberMember
(@struggling23)

Posted : 11/01/2015 1:27 am

I don't even think your scars are deep enough for subcision. Just try dermastamping and TCA peels for at least six months before you do any procedure.

MemberMember
(@dmcme)

Posted : 11/01/2015 5:47 am

Guevarabeats . Thanks for the reply. I am looking for a derma stamp . My skin looks dead from the outside. Texture is also mosplaced. Really am annoyed. Do you really think the overall condition of my skin can be reversed.?

MemberMember
(@guevarabeats)

Posted : 11/02/2015 6:27 am

Guevarabeats . Thanks for the reply. I am looking for a derma stamp . My skin looks dead from the outside. Texture is also mosplaced. Really am annoyed. Do you really think the overall condition of my skin can be reversed.?

@dmcme
Yes Im sure your scarring can improve well with needling fromthe studiesand also people'sreviews Iveread but Ihavent seen much results yet because Im barely two months in so I will give it more time and I will keep this post updated with my honestresultsunder the same lighting capturing every scar.

MemberMember
(@celaya)

Posted : 11/04/2015 5:45 am

Guevara, You can try posting these same pictures you posted on RealSelf and will get many opinions by different dermatologist across the States in what they think would work best for you. Looking at your scaring it looks like scar pores, Ice Picks, & and some box cars. Your scars are not that deep for subcision as it's more for deep rolling scars and box cars, but looking at your profile I personally think it would be a waste of money.

I would continue with what your doing in dermarolling your scarring and most lasers even the best one's which are very expensive just won't do anything for ice picks. Those are the hardest to treat. TCA Cross is probably the best way to deal with ice picks, but I would just do a test with one to see if it works than doing several at once as it could be risky and make it worst. I don't recommend doing this on your own, but have an experience dermatologist do this for you. But please just do a test spot first. Also excision also works for ice picks, but you would be trading a scar for a more flatter scar, but I wouldn't advise it for you since like I said your scarring isn't as deep. Chemical peels or dermarolling will work well for the scar pores, But don't be so overly aggressive to the point of making yourself bleed as you can damage your skin and cause more scarring in the process. Good luck and keep us updated.

MemberMember
(@mcpk)

Posted : 11/24/2015 10:30 am

any updates guys ?

Is it working ?

MemberMember
(@purplestove)

Posted : 11/24/2015 10:14 pm

I've readsome horror stories about laser treatments for scars. Admittedly, I'm not too well read on the broad scope of them, but from my understanding it cause cause more damage in a lot of cases. I'd stick out what you're doing and see how it looks over time. Keep taking pictures to mark your progress; it can be tough to see otherwise, given that you see your skineveryday and might not notice improvement without the pictures to compare.