Notifications
Clear all

Avoiding people

MemberMember
(@wannabebeautiful79)

Posted : 10/17/2015 10:11 pm

Today I saw a cousin I hadn't seen in a few years at a grocery store, and I saw that she wasn't looking at me so I turned around and walked away before she could see me.
I like her, it would be nice to catch up, but I'm just too ashamed of the shape of my skin. :(
Also next weekend I'm going to a Halloween party and am going to see a bunch of old friends, think I'm excited? I should be, right? NOPE! 

Im pretty much a self made hermit at this point 🙁

54321 liked
MemberMember
(@ben007)

Posted : 10/18/2015 5:22 am

Halloween is actually a great opportunity to use all kind of things on your face that will cover acne and scars such as fake blood, face paint, crazy makeup, glitter etc
I decided to go as a shirtless vampire last Halloween and it has been the only occasion in 3 years where I have been shirtless around people.

I hope that helps you attend this party, isolation is one the worst things to experience while also experiencing personal problems. Perhaps you can open up to your old friends at the party about how you have been struggling lately?

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 10/19/2015 10:50 am

Acne will still be there whether you attend the party or not. Might as well be happy and go. True friends don't care about our acne even if we do.

MemberMember
(@wannabebeautiful79)

Posted : 10/19/2015 11:41 am

Thank you 🙂

MemberMember
(@geekgirl13)

Posted : 11/02/2015 4:26 am

Today I saw a cousin I hadn't seen in a few years at a grocery store, and I saw that she wasn't looking at me so I turned around and walked away before she could see me.
I like her, it would be nice to catch up, but I'm just too ashamed of the shape of my skin. :(
Also next weekend I'm going to a Halloween party and am going to see a bunch of old friends, think I'm excited? I should be, right? NOPE! 

Im pretty much a self made hermit at this point :(

I avoid social situations as well. I don't even have any friends anymore - except my parents. I'd rather be forgotten by people then be remembered as the girl with bad skin. I would dearly love to have a close friend who understood about my acne but friends in the past have always let me down.
How was the halloween party? Did you find a good costume to hide your acne?

MemberMember
(@ben007)

Posted : 11/02/2015 5:51 am

Just to clarify, I wasn't saying you needed to hide your skin because I'm sure your acne would have not made a difference in regards how your friends treat/view you (A saying most of us have been told).

MemberMember
(@getschwifty)

Posted : 11/02/2015 11:27 am

This is exactly what I feel. Aside from work and hanging out with my boyfriend, I try to avoid as much social interaction as I can.
It's debilitating to have to interact with people in light of my horrible, horrible skin. I honestly cannot count how often I've thought and brought taking a break or not seeing each other for a month with my boyfriend until my skin has calmed down considerably.

He refuses to, and brings up the fact that I seemingly forget my acne after about half an hour or an hour of crying and moping to him. He's pretty spot on about that, and in the middle of having fun with him, it makes me think that I would have regretted not going.

MemberMember
(@wannabebeautiful79)

Posted : 11/03/2015 2:23 pm

My costume was already decided on, I just put on regular makeup and went. It was fine, I guess all this social stuff really is just in our minds most of the time. No one else cares, why should we? I will at least try not to from now on :)
also, I made my costume pic my profile picture, wonder if anyone can guess who I was???

Lore91 liked