Notifications
Clear all

is this a cyst?

MemberMember
(@ihateacne33)

Posted : 10/17/2015 9:55 pm

image.thumb.jpg.9dcb20b4dca0c08a3b790202sorry for the gross picture :(

its painful when I touch it and seems to be deep . I'm also on my first month of accutane, I have lots of nodules but have never gotten cysts before.

MemberMember
(@godistruth)

Posted : 10/17/2015 10:14 pm

its not a gross picture looo, its inflamed quite a bit, can't really tell would need a better angle and better shot, but from what I can see, it looks quite inflamed, and cyst are always inflamed so probably it is

MemberMember
(@appleysauce)

Posted : 10/18/2015 2:33 am

Don't appologise for the 'gross' picture, I think its good to have these pics so we can reflect back on our progress when we finally have clear skin (I can dream ;) ). It's hard to tell from the pic but it could be a cyst. If you feel it is deep and painful, as you probably already know the best thing to do is just leave it alone and your skin will sort it out eventually. Icing can help. Because you've never treated a cyst as you said, refrain from spot treating as this probably won't do much more that dry the surface out and make it more red, halting the healing of it. Good luck on accutane, it really can do amazing things for clearing skin!