Notifications
Clear all

Starting month 2 on Amnesteem from 40 to 80 day 5

MemberMember
(@cam0175)

Posted : 10/15/2015 11:35 am

Hi I'm a 40 year old male and I started breaking out after getting married (marriage is stressful I guess!  Lol). I started taking Amnesteem on Sept 9th original dose of 40mg and I got the side effects around day 3.  During the month I experienced a few breakouts but nothing normal as I've been dealing with acne for awhile now.  

The first pic is what I looked like in the beginning of treatment, red bumpy skin with active acne.  Accutane made my skin sensitive to sunlight, even going out for 15 min during the fall would make me burn and peel.  But I did see the changes from week to week.  

Now im on month 2 day 5 with increased dosage of 80 mg.  I like to take it morning/lunch and then dinner.   I found that taking it all at once made my side effects of headaches, fatigue, and vision to be worse.   

I wished I did this along time ago as I'm seeing positive results.  Make sure you do everything that you're supposed to do, use a good  moisturizer, sunscreen, eye drops, lip balm, drink a lot of water, and gently use a wash cloth to exfoliate with a gentle cleanser.  

After week 3 my fatigue went away along with any joint pain.  Make sure you take your pills with a decent meal, that will cut your fatigue.  

I'll post month to month pics as my journey ends.  Good luck in your journey!  

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

MemberMember
(@notmyskin)

Posted : 10/20/2015 7:55 pm

Looking good!
I started my treatment on October 6th so I'm just starting. I am also on Amnesteem at 40mg one dat and 80 alternTing days.

cam0175 liked
MemberMember
(@cam0175)

Posted : 10/21/2015 1:28 pm

Thank you! good luck in your journey it's well worth it! I'm on my 42nd day today and feeling good about the results so far, my next months check up will be in a little more than a few weeks. It's working a lot faster than I thought which I'm extremely happy about!

NotMySkin liked
MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 10/21/2015 6:41 pm

Awesome progress. Can you believe we adults are dealing with this nonsense after our teen years?!?!?

cam0175 liked
MemberMember
(@notmyskin)

Posted : 10/25/2015 7:09 pm

I know ! It's not fair.. I'm 37 and it's so not. lol to have the most acne when your at your sons football game :((

MemberMember
(@cam0175)

Posted : 10/26/2015 4:08 pm

Adult acne is definitely on the rise. I had clear skin from 2001 (after college) until 2009. Since then it was on and off but has gotten worse in the last 6 years. Interestingly I had a dog and my cat since then...any relationship between allergies and acne breakouts?

NotMySkin liked
MemberMember
(@notmyskin)

Posted : 10/26/2015 9:49 pm

I have read some things on acne and allergies yes. Isn't my problem unfortunately... No that would be to easy lol I have to have the untreatable kind so now I'm on isotretinoin

cam0175 liked
MemberMember
(@cam0175)

Posted : 11/09/2015 12:01 pm

image.thumb.jpg.4c27f54968e396dcf780b5b0just finished month 2!  Had a few breakouts and having some discoloration around my cheeks but overall I'm happy with the results in the last two months.  Good luck in your journey!  image.thumb.jpg.d54a50bbab5a726ac6137bee

MemberMember
(@cam0175)

Posted : 12/08/2015 12:35 pm

Finished month 3!  Two more months to go!  I had elevated cholesterol levels so I had to make some medication for that.  I'm taking fish oil prior to taking the pills for better absorption.  

I'm using dry oatmeal and a mild wash wash to exfoliate my dry skin and that seems to be working well for the flaking.  

Good luck in your journey!  

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

MemberMember
(@cam0175)

Posted : 01/10/2016 11:32 pm

Finished month 3!  Two more months to go!  I had elevated cholesterol levels so I had to make some medication for that.  I'm taking fish oil prior to taking the pills for better absorption.  

I'm using dry oatmeal and a mild wash wash to exfoliate my dry skin and that seems to be working well for the flaking.  

Month 4 complete!  Side effects still there, especially lips...flaking is pretty much gone and joint aches are minimal if pills are spaced out ..one more month to go!  

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Diamond98 liked