Notifications
Clear all

Another thing that acne/scarring has done to me

MemberMember
(@ichhasseakne)

Posted : 10/15/2015 7:02 am

I am less likely to help other normal looking (yes normal looking includes fat/obese ppl these days in the USA and many western nations) people with anything.... Less likely to stop and see if that car pulled over on the road's shoulder needs any help changing a tire, etc. Less likely to help that old lady at the supermarket reach something on the top shelf or lift something that is heavy. etc etc etc.

Why? I don't believe that I am a more bitter person because of my acne; rather, I think that my unwillingness to help others is a natural reaction to years of their misunderstanding... Misunderstanding of our conditions in that they don't have the brain power to comprehend that acne is not contagious, acne is not herpes, acne is not syphilis scarring, etc.... They don't understand that it is ok to talk to me, ok to sit next to me, etc.

I don't need their help and they don't need mine. I am not going to waste my time on people who don't have any depth to their understanding of physical and mental diseases. I believe in science and require scientific evidence and proof before I can believe in God. I also do not believe in karma.... again because there is no evidence that it exists...

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 10/16/2015 7:51 am

I am less likely to help other normal looking (yes normal looking includes fat/obese ppl these days in the USA and many western nations) people with anything.... Less likely to stop and see if that car pulled over on the road's shoulder needs any help changing a tire, etc. Less likely to help that old lady at the supermarket reach something on the top shelf or lift something that is heavy. etc etc etc.

Why? I don't believe that I am a more bitter person because of my acne; rather, I think that my unwillingness to help others is a natural reaction to years of their misunderstanding... Misunderstanding of our conditions in that they don't have the brain power to comprehend that acne is not contagious, acne is not herpes, acne is not syphilis scarring, etc.... They don't understand that it is ok to talk to me, ok to sit next to me, etc.

I don't need their help and they don't need mine. I am not going to waste my time on people who don't have any depth to their understanding of physical and mental diseases. I believe in science and require scientific evidence and proof before I can believe in God. I also do not believe in karma.... again because there is no evidence that it exists...

It's not their fault that they behave like that. It's our culture.