Notifications
Clear all

Accutane/Isotretinoin/Advice

MemberMember
(@higgins7392)

Posted : 10/11/2015 11:14 am

Hey all,

So I'm going to be starting accutane in two weeks. I'm brand new tot this website but I decided to participate so that I could eventually help someone else who is going through the same situation. I had just developed a full face of acne this summer within one week. Prior, I have never broken out before. After eliminating all possible causes incluing changing my diet (I have been a vegan but I made minor adjustments), checking my makeup, allergies, trying all topical treatments, anti-biotics (you get the point) there has been no improvement. 

I'll be starting accutane relatively soon and I'm doing everything I can to prepare for it. I've been researching and buying products that seem to work for some users. I'm currently in nursing school and will be graduating in May. I have to be at clinical hours in hospitals every week and it is difficult to talk with patients and employees when I would rather be hiding under a rock. 

I'm looking for any advice anyone has for me when starting this treatment as well as any makeup recommendations. I have never used moisturizers or primers because I'm very oily. I'm open to trying anything, regardless of cost. I currently use Estee Lauder Double Wear for foundation which I'm hoping will suffice during the treatment on the days that I NEED to wear makeup. 

Please no negativity! I've done all of my accutane research already and have talked to multiple professors and doctors at school about it. I am comfortable with the treatment so please, please respect that.

Attached is my skin right before the major breakout. I'm hoping to go back to it. I will post pictures before my treatment begins and throughout in hope that someone searching the internet (like I have been) will find some solace in my journey.

IMG_6997.JPG

MemberMember
(@lydiatank)

Posted : 11/17/2016 9:54 pm

How is your skin now? I'm starting accutane soon and excited to see the results.