Notifications
Clear all

Microneedling, PRP and TCA Cross. Effective scar treatments that can be conducted relatively simply to oneself.

MemberMember
(@jes7)

Posted : 10/09/2015 3:26 pm

Microneedling, PRP and TCA Cross.  Effective scar treatments that can be conducted relatively simply to oneself.

The above techniques have robust empirical evidence as effective techniques in scar revision.  I have selected them because they are all relatively simple procedures, which are cheap and easy to administer.  I believe this multi modal approach will lead to much greater improvement than using the treatments individually.

A few selective references:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25006854
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21031068

Selection of Materials required (not exhaustive):
Tricholoroacetic Acid (TCA) 100%, tretinoin, hydroquinone, dermapen, EMLA cream, a centifuge, acid citrate dextrose (ACD), calcium gluconate.

I plan to start with the application of TCA, once the skin has completely healed (7 to 14 days). I will then prepare the PRP and use in combination with microneedling.  TCA will then be applied a further two or three times at two week intervals. Further, PRP and microneedling at 6 week intervals.  This schedule may vary according to work & social commitments but you get the idea.  Treatments will continue until no further improvement can be made...

I have taken pictures/will take pictures so that objective comparisons can be made.

Updates to follow.

Update 11th Oct 15.  Baseline Pics Added.

Right_-_Baseline.thumb.jpg.7530467e3edd9
Left_-_Baseline.thumb.jpg.69b2c326305fff

MemberMember
(@factoid)

Posted : 10/09/2015 3:59 pm

Sounds good, how exactly are you preparing the PRP?

MemberMember
(@jes7)

Posted : 10/09/2015 5:21 pm

Draw blood, spin, extract ppp, spin again, voila. Little bit more complicated than that but It's all in the article referenced.

MemberMember
(@factoid)

Posted : 10/09/2015 7:08 pm

Hey, if you can manage it, do it! It makes more sense to use your own cells than a foreign body as filler, especially since the PRP should form connective tissue instead of dissolving.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 10/09/2015 7:31 pm

I thought of it before, but since get nauseous whenever I see pool of blood, so I decided not to proceed and waste my time.

How much will all these tools cost you?

All power to you. Good luck

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 10/10/2015 4:38 am

Well it definitely sounds ambitious to say the least. Good luck.

MemberMember
(@jes7)

Posted : 10/11/2015 3:15 pm

Hey, if you can manage it, do it! It makes more sense to use your own cells than a foreign body as filler, especially since the PRP should form connective tissue instead of dissolving.

Yes I agree; although the journals all refer to this as a collagen induction process rather than "filler".

I thought of it before, but since get nauseous whenever I see pool of blood, so I decided not to proceed and waste my time.

How much will all these tools cost you?

All power to you. Good luck

Not sure exactly300 to 400. This probably seems a lot butI have enough materials to conduct dozens of treatments using this protocol. Considering my dermatologist would charge close to this for one session.