Notifications
Clear all

Dermastamping Shortly After Accutane

MemberMember
(@healthnut91)

Posted : 10/08/2015 8:30 pm

So I finished my Accutane journey about 2.5 months ago. The result are fantastic however I have quite a bit of scarring from years ago, which occurs mostly on my forehead. I was wondering if anyone has experience with dermarolling or dermastamping prior to waiting 6 months after finishing Accutane? I have seen a decent amount of oil return to my skin and I read somewhere before that that may be a sign your skin is suitable for treatment. Keep in mind, I am not talking about invasive scar treatments such as lasers or subcision, simply dermastamping and dermarolling. I know they say to wait 6 months before starting treatment but has anyone had any experiences with jumping the gun early post-accutane with skin needling?

Any advice would be appreciated!

MemberMember
(@foreveralone)

Posted : 10/09/2015 1:20 pm

my derm said that those studies which say u have to wait like atleast 6 months are old and in new studies it is seen that low dose accutane with treatments show great result .. and if the scars are old derm starts low dose accutane prior to treatment .. i dont know if thats true or not but she seemed quite confident .