Notifications
Clear all

Spironolactone and breast pain - does it ever go away??

MemberMember
(@ashleymf1983)

Posted : 10/08/2015 7:36 am

Hi all,
After years of dealing with adult-onset cystic acne and trying everything under the sun (except for Accutane), I have now resorted to Sprionolactone. I've been on it a few weeks and ever since the start have had pretty awful breast pain. All throughout the day...shooting pains. Does this ever decrease or stop??

MemberMember
(@shadylee)

Posted : 10/08/2015 8:56 am

Hi Ashley,

I have been on spiro for over a year. I didn't have breast pain until a few months ago. I didn't have shooting pain. It was like a dull ache that was constant. My breasts were very tender and sensitive. They were like that for a couple of months and then all of a sudden the pain was gone. In my experience the pain did go away. Good luck!!

MemberMember
(@ashleymf1983)

Posted : 10/14/2015 7:46 pm

Thanks for the response Shadylee.
It seems that the pain has gone away, but now I'm concerned about it causing breast cancer (I've done my research and see there is no link, but I'm a worrier). And there's the fact that I swear my clothes feel tighter...even though I was never one to believe that medications cause weight gain. I'm ready to throw in the towel even though I am finally seeing improvement with my acne. I just can't handle this.